It’s time for another tasty edition of Loooooooove Your Leftovers! If I can help even just a few of my snobbiest of leftover snob friends out in the process, then I consider this one a total win.
Our last leftover re-mix featured turning Taco Night leftovers into a deliciously speedy Taco Soup. Trust me, you’ve got to try it! The variations are endless and since we’re essentially making a taco soup out of all our favorite taco night components, it’s a recipe for success!
Since I posted my go-to healthy chili recipe yesterday it seemed only fitting that I share my absolute favorite thing to do with the leftovers:
Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
I should note that I’m fighting the urge to abandon ship on this post so I can make one right now! We made another huge pot of chili Sunday because the last batch didn’t last nearly as long as I had hoped it would – we devoured it! I’ll hold out a few minutes longer so I can get this recipe into your face.
Feel free to whip these up any which way you desire, by the way. It’s more of a meal idea than a strict recipe and can be tweaked to fit any dietary guidelines. From vegetarian to vegan to t-rex and, of course, they’re gloriously gluten-free!
Ready to stuff some veggies into veggies!? Of course you are!
5 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
13 minTotal Time
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 heaping cup of leftover chili recipe
- all your favorite toppings!
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- salsa or pico de gallo
- guacamole or diced avocado
- sliced or diced jalapenos
- crushed tortilla chips
- crumbled corn bread
- fritos corn chips
- hot sauce
- fresh cilantro
- fresh parsley
- chopped green onion
- black beans
- any and all veggies you can get your hands on
- 1 ounce grated cheddar cheese
- 1-2 TBSP plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
- Microwave [or bake!] your sweet potato until it's hot and fluffy and reheat your chili.
- Slice vertically and pinch the sides to create a bowl in the center.
- Fill with a piping hot scoop of your favorite chili and pile on the toppings!
- Now grab a fork and dig in!
- How easy was that!?
I wrote out the instructions for one, but feel free to make 2, 3, even four of these sassy spuds! I typically keep all the ingredients on hand and have them for super speedy lunches throughout the week. They can also be prepped for grab and go work lunches!
Let’s get a little up close and personal, shall we?
Ahhh I want one now!
Make sure you whip up a delicious batch of your favorite chili (or your new favorite – my chili recipe!) and make one of these killer spuds, stat! Or two. Or three…
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a date with a chili stuffed sweet potato!
hungry for more?
No chili handy? No problem! You can still partake in some stuffed spud action with any and all of your favorite leftovers. Here are a few more of my favorite recipes to stuff into a spud:
This delicousness is part of my Love Your Leftovers blog series.
past installments include:
- Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls
- Spicy Sriracha Lime Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Taco Salad
- + lots more to come!