Hi!!! Welcome to my crazy awesome (or just plain crazy) corner of the internet. I’m so glad you’re here!
Around here we’re all about making veggies fun and delicious. Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, or of the T-Rex variety, there’s something for everyone here.
My tested and perfected recipes range from light and healthy to excitingly indulgent.
With so many food blogs that focus on sweets and meats, this little blog of mine is here to shift gears and give vegetables their much deserved time in the spotlight. Instead of planning our plates around carbs and proteins, let’s start our grand plans for mealtime with veggies as the star!
There’s something super satisfying about planning an entire dish around a fresh from the garden zucchini or an ultra-ripe bunch farmer’s market tomatoes. Around here, produce reigns supreme!
Some dishes will be gloriously vegetarian while some will surely satisfy that voracious T-Rex in our lives, but they’ll all start with produce. I’ll be whipping up recipes that are so totally tasty that you won’t think twice about eating your veggies.
Even better? You’ll start to crave them!
As for me? I’m a Boston-born, South Florida-raised veggie addict. I recently moved from sunny Pensacola, Florida to the spicy not-so-little Dallas Ft. Worth Metroplex in the heart of Texas.
My husband calls me bird, my friends call me Jenn, and pretty much everyone else calls me crazy, but that’s to be expected when you whip out your camera every time food is present.
Or so I’m told.
- The game Hungry Hungry Hippo is based on a true story. My story, obvi.
- I love every vegetable on the face of this earth with once exception: olives. If given the choice between eating an olive and eating sand, I’ll insist you pass me a shovel.
- I can’t fold a fitted sheet. I’ve thrown myself at the mercy of Martha Stewart and simply can’t hang. Please refrain from looking inside by linen closets. In a fit of rage, I balled up all my fitted sheets, tossed them inside the closet, and ran.
- I graduated from Florida State University with a B.S. in Dietetics. GO Noles!
- When my other half’s job in the military moved us to the middle of nowhere, I started Peas and Crayons to document my adventures in the kitchen. Before I knew it, I was in deep! I love creating recipes and dreaming up fun new ways to give veggies the star status they deserve.
Work With Me
Peas and Crayons is a veggie-centric food blog that makes vegetables fun and delicious! Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan, or of the T-Rex variety, there’s something for everyone here. Recipes range from light and healthy to excitingly indulgent. Each dish is colorful, delicious, and totally Pinterest-worthy!
I’m available for recipe development, food photography, and much more. My portfolio can be found HERE. Contact me for media kit and pricing.
Feel free to to drop me a note, ask a question, or just say hello! I love hearing from you! I can be reached at [email protected].