Fresh, flavorful, and totally tasty, this simple Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad is a breeze to toss together and ready in under 15 minutes!
Say hello to my new favorite side dish!
This lemony, garlicky kale salad is kissed with parmesan and dusted with crushed crouton crumbs for added texture and oomph!
It’s GLORIOUS and I’m going to insist you give it a try!
Especially if you love lemon… and garlic… and parmesan.
EVEN if you don’t love kale. I’m going to go out on a limb and say if you haven’t tried massaged kale yet, then you’re not allowed to tell me you don’t like it.
I’ve convinced oh so many people to gobble up bowls of this stuff simply by chopping it into itty bitty pieces and giving it a little rubdown until it’s tender and silky. SO GOOD.
The crispy crouton topping for this salad adds the most addictive texture and balances out the flavors of this lemon parmesan kale salad.
You can 100% use your favorite store bought croutons *BUT* if you are feeling frisky, get yo butt in the kitchen and make some homemade croutons!
- 1 cup diced bread (stale french baguette + ciabatta are my fav!)
- 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
This is a perfect way to use up older/stale bread! Preheat oven to 375°F. Add cubed bread to a bowl with oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well (using your hands works best to really work it into every piece) and spread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake on the center rack for 12-16 minutes or until golden and crisp. Times will vary slightly based on type and staleness of bread.
Easy Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad
The tasty recipe below yields 4 side salad sized servings.
(hah! try saying that 5x fast)
Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad
- 4 cups curly kale
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup croutons (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- If starting with a bunch of curly kale, wash, dry, and remove leaves from stem.
- Finely chop kale leaves and add to a medium-large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle a teeny bit (around 1/2 tsp) onto the kale leaves.
- Massage dressing into kale leaves until the leaves darken in color and become tender and silky.
- Toss with remaining dressing and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- P&C Tip: for a little bit of parm in every bite, I like to finely grate the parmesan cheese with a box grater and then roughly chop into smaller bits. Almost like sprinkles but of the cheesy variety, lol!
- Place croutons in a plastic bag or between two paper towels. Use the bottle of olive oil to crush into small panko-sized pieces to sprinkle over the kale salad. The result is a delightfully cripsy topping that is dusted over ever bite of lemon and parmesan kissed kale. Love it so! Enjoy right away while topping is still perfectly cripsy.
If you get a chance to try this lemon parmesan kale salad, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!