These Spicy Kale Chips are always devoured fast! They’re crazy easy and totally tasty with my trick for ultra-crispy kale chips!
Spicy Kale Chips
Yesterday’s kale chips have been on my mind all day today.
I made another batch of honey mustard after breakfast and then after lunch I decided to tinker around with the rest of the kale to make some SPIIIICY chips.
These might be my favorite to date!
The savory garlic powder and zesty cayenne stand up to the slightly bitter taste of the kale to make it taste more like snack food than a vegetable.
There are a million ways to season these guys and it’s no wonder they’re trending as a healthy snack! If you haven’t tried them yet this is a great starting off point — plus, you can totally dip them in a little ranch/veggie dip/french onion dip if your nervous — after the initial shock of what you’re eating in chip form wears off, you’ll be tossing these back like a champ.
Ooh! Totally steal a glance at the photo below — that’s my foolproof method for getting crispy kale chips!
You’ll simply place a wire cooling/baking rack on top of a foil-lined baking pan, then top it with your kale. Gently mist your kale with spray oil or gently massage a teeny bit of your favorite healthy oil into the leaves. Then season, bake, and faceplant!
Spicy Kale Chips FTW!
Let’s get our recipe on!
These crispity crunchity kale chips are super quick and easy and a total favorite of mine for guilt-free snacking! Though I admit, not eating the entire tray in a sitting is near impossible for me. Once I start munching away I turn into a total kale fiend. Who knew?!
Spicy Kale Chips
These Spicy Kale Chips are always scarfed in record time! They’re crazy easy and totally tasty with my trick for ultra-crispy kale chips!
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- spray oil or your favorite healthy oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper (adjust to taste based on heat-preference)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Rinse and dry your kale thoroughly. You can allow it to air dry, spin dry in a salad spinner, or pat dry with paper towels.
- Tear kale leaves off their stem/ribs into pieces the size of potato chips.
- Lay, spaced, on a wire baking rack and place atop a foil lined cookie sheet.
- If you’re making a boatload of kale, make two sheets/batchs so they cook evenly.
- Spritz lighlty with a natural cooking spray or drizzle a little bit of oil in your hands and lightly massage it into the kale leaves. The key to crispy kale chips is to coat lightly in oil without getting too much liquid on the leaves. The wire baking rack also ensures maximum crisp factor.
Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, to taste. The more cayenne you use the spicier they will be. Want them super mild? Skip the cayenne or try sweet paprika instead!
- Bake sheet on the center rack for approx. 18-20 minutes until edges are crispy.
Nutrition Facts below are estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and enjoy!
If you get a chance to try these spicy kale chips, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!