A fantastic way to use up fresh Fall cranberries, this Cranberry Banana Bread is fluffy and flavorful!
Oh it’s that time of year, people!
I’m cranberrying (pretend that’s a word) ALL THE THINGS!
Though some may want to fight me on this, the have way more uses than plain ole cranberry sauce.
Up next is this fluffy and fantastic Cranberry Banana Bread!
Cranberry Banana Bread
There’s a deliciously sweet, mild banana flavor in the bread itself with little jewels of cranberries flecked throughout to shake things up with their tangy tartness.
The nuts add fantastic texture to to the bread but if you’re either out of or avoiding nuts entirely, they can 100% be skipped as needed!
When this bread is hot from the oven the cranberries are downright assaulting with their tartness. I’m talking a high-five and a half to the tastebuds here, people! The WOAH-factor mellows as the bread cools. So be sure to give it some time to cool down.
If you find fresh cranberries too tart, you can actually use chopped dried cranberries in this bread.
You can also take a walk on the sweeter side and serve the bread with a sweet vanilla icing on top.
The sticky-sweet glaze mellows the cranberries and gives this cranberry banana bread a total dessert bread vibe. It’s tastes a bit like a breakfast cake when you do this and I have to admit, I’m a fan!
Optional Vanilla Icing
- 2 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
- 3 or more TBSP heavy cream, as needed, to thin the icing
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Sift confectioners sugar into a medium-large bowl. Add heavy cream, one Tablespoon at a time while mixing to reach desired consistency. Stir in vanilla extract and drizzle over cooled bread.
Cranberry Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set oven rack to center position.
- Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan. For easy bread removal, you can also place a "sling" of parchment paper into the pan horizontally with a bit hanging over the edges to help you lift out the loaf. I love this trick!
- Mix sugar and butter in a medium mixing bowl until completely blended.
- Add banana, milk, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until moist. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
- Spread batter evenly in the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from pan, cool on rack.
Recipe adapted from Food.com.
Crazy for Cranberries?
We are too! Here are a few more favorites from the P&C recipe archives: