This is the easiest, most delicious crockpot cranberry sauce! Skip refined sugar and sweeten the pot with honey and fresh squeezed orange juice and zest.
THANKSGIVING IS COMING! THANKSGIVING IS COMING!
Holy crap that snuck up on me! Is it really next week? Where on earth have I been this past month!? A veggie coma perhaps?
Your Thanksgiving recipe bombardment is surely reaching it’s peak right about now, but would you mind terribly if I add something super easy to the mix?
It won’t take up the prime real estate that is your oven space… It won’t even require the stove-top or the microwave.
Just grab your crockpot and the ingredients below and walk. a. way.
For those of you that are team sketchy-yet-delicious can-o-cranberry sauce jelly, I was absolutely in your shoes for the last 27 years of my life. Sorry, 28! I keep knocking off that last year for some strange reason…
Anyways! I ditched the can and couldn’t be happier. Join me!
Cran-Apple Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
This is seriously the best cranberry sauce of my life! I kept the sweet stuff to a minimum because I adore a little bit of crisp, refreshing tartness to offset the sweetness.
Feel free to heavy hand the honey if your sweet tooth runneth over, but totally try it with less first. You might surprise yourself!
Ohmygosh! And if you manage to squirrel away any leftover crockpot cranberry sauce, you totally have to make my Cranberry Cheesecake Streusel Bars and some Cranberry Cream Cheese Sandwich Spread too. They’re legendary!
Though if you’re like me, you need to make a second batch of crockpot cran sauce so you have enough. Ok a third. I heart it so.
Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
Hello easiest recipe of life! Save on oven and stove top space by making this delicious holiday staple in the slow cooker. We love this crockpot cranberry sauce! Recipe yields 2 heaping cups of sauce and is easily doubled or tripled as needed!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large honeycrisp apple (2.5 cups diced - skin optional)
- 1 medium orange (enough for 1/2 tsp of zest + 1/4 cup of juice)
- 3 TBSP honey, plus extra to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Grate the zest from your orange until you have about 1/2 teaspoon of zest, then slice and squeeze out 1/4 cup of juice.
- Add your zest and juice along with all the above ingredients into your slow cooker, cover, and cook for 2 hours on high or 3-4 hours on low.
- I made a point to stir it every so often, if only for the mere excuse of licking the the spoon and filling the house with the smell of amazing cinnamon apple cranberry deliciousness.
Nutrition facts below are an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and you're good to go! xo
If you get a chance to try this tasty crockpot cranberry sauce, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
no crock-pot? no problem!
Clear some space and whip this crockpot cranberry sauce in a saucepan on the stove! Add the ingredients from above to a medium-small saucepan and cook on medium heat, covered.
Stir often to prevent sticking and use a fork or wooden spoon to help smoosh the berries as they start to heat up!
You can even crank up the temperature a teeny bit more to help the sauce along, just babysit it if you do, stirring at frequent intervals. Super simple!
crazy for cranberries?
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Feta
- Cranberry Quinoa Salad with Candied Walnuts
- Cranberry Goat Cheese Log with Walnuts (use leftover cranberry sauce!)
- Apple, Berry, and Brie Turkey Burgers (another great use of leftover cranberry sauce!)