This cozy One-Pot Vegetarian Ravioli Soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day! It’s quick, easy, and absolutely delicious!
Thanks to my pasta-obsessed family, I always have a few packages of refrigerated tortellini and mini ravioli on hand.
Since they’re ready in minutes and easy to make any dish a fancy-yet-fast affair, I’m always on the lookout for new ways to serve them.
So far I’ve built up quite the arsenal!
In honor of soup weather, my latest ravioli creation pairs this easy cheese stuffed pasta with a piping hot bowl of veggies and broth that’s sure to warm up even the coldest day!
This one pot wonder is basically a meal in a bowl, featuring a little bit of everything in one loaded vegetarian soup.
It’s also super customizable if you’d like to add some extras!
For a Tuscan vibe feel free to add some chopped sun-dried tomatoes and tender white beans.
For a cheesy vegetarian lasagna sort of ordeal, add some extra cream to the broth and a dollop of ricotta cheese or melt some mozzarella on top. Yum!
Ravoili Soup Ingredients
- yellow onion
- broth (vegetable for vegetarian or try it with chicken broth)
- canned crushed tomatoes (fire roasted or regular)
- avocado oil or olive oil
- refrigerated mini cheese ravioli
- heavy cream (optional but tasty!)
- fresh chopped spinach
To season the soup we’re going super simple by using some salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning blend. You can use your favorite or simply DIY it with spices on hand.
Optional toppings include crushed red pepper flakes, grated parmesan cheese, and fresh chopped basil – yum!
One-Pot Vegetarian Ravioli Soup
This scrumptious soup reheats like a dream so feel free to double the recipe to extra if you’d like leftovers!
Can’t find mini ravioli? No problem! Tortellini makes an excellent swap! They’re both gloriously interchangeable.
One-Pot Vegetarian Ravioli Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3-4 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend (I use salt-free Mrs. Dash)
- 1 TBSP avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste (I added 1/4 tsp of each)
- 9-10 oz mini refrigerated cheese ravioli (like Buitoni)
- 1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream (totally optional but super tasty!)
- 1-2 cups fresh chopped baby spinach
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITES
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh chopped basil
- Peel and finely dice carrots and onion. The smaller the dice the faster they'll cook. Peel 4 cloves of fresh garlic and finely mince.
- Heat 1 TBSP oil in a dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and carrots. Sauté until tender (approx. 6 minutes). Then add garlic and Italian seasoning and saute an additional 30-60 seconds.
- Add 3 cups of veggie stock and crushed tomatoes. Stir well to combine. Bring soup to a rolling boil, then reduce heat to low/simmer to allow the flavors to mingle and the carrots/onion to fully soften. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Once the veggies have reached your ideal tenderness (I like to scoop out a carrot and check for doneness), bring the soup back up to a medium simmer and add your fresh mini ravioli.
- Allow the ravioli to simmer approx. 5 minutes until fully cooked and softened.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Lastly chop your spinach and stir into the hot soup to wilt the greens. Give it a taste and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Add your favorite toppings (grated parm and fresh basil for me!) and dive in while it’s hot. Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this one-pot vegetarian ravioli soup, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
Side Dishes for Ravioli Soup
When I’m feeling a bit extra, I’ll make a full spread at mealtime and warm up a crusty baguette to serve with my infamous restaurant-style olive oil bread dip as well as a leafy green garden salad with Italian dressing.