Cozy up with a bowl of this creamy and flavorful Tuscan White Bean Soup made with with cheese tortellini and lots of veggies!
I’m so stinkin’ excited to share this one-pot soup recipe today!
I first made it as part of our weekly meal prep prep and decided it need a home on this blog of mine, stat! It’s fantastic on both the first and second day and totally earned itself a spot on my make-again list. <— I think I need a better name for this list…
Rockstar recipes to repeat?
Yessss! Love it!
Let’s get our soup on!
White Beans FTW!
This tasty tortellini soup is packed with heart-healthy fiber and veggies!
To add extra creaminess without adding a boatload of extra cream or making a roux, I like to blend half the white beans before adding them to the soup.
You can blend them in a food processor or blender or, if you have an immersion blender, simply blend some of the soup before adding the tortellini!
For a brothier soup, simply leave the beans whole and you’re good to go.
I used cannellini beans but you could also use great northern beans here – both white beans are fantastic for soups!
Looking for a vegan white bean soup?
I’ve got your back! Make sure you use the vegetable broth/stock option from the recipe card and simply skip the heavy cream and tortellini. The soup is crazy flavorful on it’s own and you can even add extra white beans or even cooked rice if desired.
Tuscan White Bean Soup with Tortellini
The recipe below yields 11 cups of soup, or about 4-5 meal-sized bowls.
It’s amazing the next day so feel free to squirrel some away as leftovers. The soup itself can also be frozen before adding the tortellini if you want to freeze some for later. Simply add the fresh tortellini while reheating the soup on the stove and you’re good to go!
The flavors of this soup are out of this world! I’m loving the combination of rosemary, sun-dried tomato, garlic, herbs, and veggies in this creamy, comforting bean soup!
Tuscan White Bean Soup with Tortellini
- 1 medium yellow onion (1.5 cups diced)
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup sundried tomtoes packed in oil
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend (Mrs. Dash is my favorite)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt plus extra to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper plus exra to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or stock (chicken broth works as a sub)
- 2 cans cannellini beans (14.5 oz each)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2-3 TBSP fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 9 oz fresh cheese tortellini
- Peel/trim onion, celery, carrots, and garlic as needed. Dice veggies and mince garlic. Finely chop sundried tomatoes.
- Measure out remaining ingedients for speedy soup assembly.
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven to medium-high heat with a tablespoon of oil. Saute onions, celery, and carrots unil tender.
- Add garlic, sundried tomatoes, and spices (Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper) and saute for about a minute more.
- NOTE: For a creamier soup, you can blend one can of beans before adding to soup in a food processor or blender or, if you have an immersion blender, simply blend some of the soup before adding the tortellini.
- Add broth/stock, beans, rosemary and parsley. Stir to mix.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add heavy cream and tortellini and simmer an additional 3 minutes or until tortellini are tender and cooked through. Taste and add any additonal herbs/spices your heart desires.
- Once your soup is hot and ready, dive on in! Leftovers can be kep in airtight container(s) in the fridge for easy heat-and-eat meals throughout the week.
If you get a chance to try this tasty Tuscan White Bean Soup recipe, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!