Short on time? Try this speedy and spicy sriracha lime chicken zoodle soup! Zucchini noodles have never tasted so good!
Get ready for a smorgasbord of crazy inconsistent food photography, folks! (and the most baller chicken zoodle soup evahhh!)
Now that we’re somewhat settled in Florida, I’ve begun my search for the perfect spot to take photos of my food. So far I’ve tried 3 different rooms and set ups and I’m totally over it. With the chickpea scaling my leg, stealing bites, and taking over the tripod like she’s the pro around here… it’s a race against the clock.
And sometimes, a race for my sanity.
Luckily my pint-sized intern genuinely enjoys playing foodie with me and takes payment in the form of food and snuggles. I mean hello, is that not the best deal ever!?
Now if only she would stop stealing noodles mid-shoot.
Without further adieu, let’s jump right into the recipe! We can chat after. I’ll even completely skip washing the dishes so I can make time. Because I love you.
And also because I really hate washing dishes.
Spicy Sriracha Lime Chicken Zoodle Soup
One pot and 15 minutes are all you need to make this delicious dish!
As an added bonus, each serving of this healthy + delicious chicken zoodle soup clocks in under 300 calories. Jackpot!
Can I gush about how amazing this is for a moment? It’s SO GOOD and just earned itself a spot on next week’s meal plan. Probably the week after to. And the one after that…
Zucchini noodles for president!
Seriously though – it made SUCH a great lunch! Quick, easy, and, remember how I was complaining about dishes? Well I was being tres dramatic, because this soup was made entirely in one pot! Good thing too, because there’s still totally dishes sitting in the sink from breakfast.
Spicy Sriracha Lime Chicken Zoodle Soup
Short on time? Try this speedy + spicy sriracha lime chicken zoodle soup! Zucchini noodles have never tasted so good!
- 8-10 oz chicken breast (approx. 1 large)
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 large zucchini squash
- 1/2 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha plus extra to taste
- 2 slices/wedges of lime
- Cut your chicken into slices and add to a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add broth, garlic powder [or fresh garlic!] and cumin and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked thoroughly, about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, use a spiralizer to transform your zucchini into tasty noodles.
- Once the chicken is ready, add zucchini noodles and lime juice to the soup and simmer for an additional 3 minutes until desired tenderness is reached. For softer noodles, feel free to cook them a tad longer.
- Transfer soup to two large bowls and top each with fresh cilantro and a hearty drizzle of Sriracha chili sauce. Add a little, or a lot! I go nuts with mine, the garlic chili sauce flavor is fantastic with the tender chicken and savory broth. Serve with lime wedges for a burst of citrus flavor.
- Dive in while it’s hot!
Feeling feisty? Try it with crushed tortilla chips on top!
For a speedier soup, I cut my chicken breast into 2-inch pieces before adding it to the broth. Feel free to skip this step, or even use bone in chicken breast if you’d like, just note that the cooking time of this will be about 20-30 minutes longer.If you’re lucky enough to have leftover chicken handy or are partial to using rotisserie chicken to save on time, go for it!
No spiralizer? No problem! Simply use a julienne slicer or a plain ole veggie peeler and slice zucchini into ribbons.
WHOLE30 – Simply use your favorite cayenne-based hot sauce in place of the Sriracha!
Nutrition facts below are an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed.
If you get a chance to try this Spicy Sriracha Lime Chicken Zoodle Soup, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!