We love making this flaky Croissant Breakfast Sandwich! Fluffy bakery croissants are topped with bacon, egg, and cheese and toasted to perfection!
This, my friends, is my forever breakfast bestie.
Whenever I visit my local coffee shop for a cold brew and a catch-up sesh with a friend, I almost always order a croissant breakfast sandwich along with it.
Getting my bacon egg and cheese fix on a flaky, buttery croissant just feels special. It’s like a warm hug. For my mouth.
Haha seriously though, I LOVE THEM! Since I haven’t breakfast sandwiched it up on the blog in a while (not since my epic everything bagel breakfast sandwich) I figured it was time to get blogging!
The assembly is simple enough, right?
Crisp up some bacon via your favorite method (I am team oven baked – so easy!) and fry up an egg or two! You can also scramble your eggs if that’s your favorite. Add a slice of pepperjack cheese or melty cheddar and slap it on a freshly toasted bakery croissant.
It’s quick, easy, and totally delicious.
I’ll typically whip up a pair of breakfast sandwiches for my husband and myself and deconstruct the third one with scrambled eggs for the kiddo. You can even make them in advance for easy heat and eat breakfasts for the week!
Ready for the (almost too easy to be a recipe) recipe?
Let’s do this!
Easy Croissant Breakfast Sandwich with Bacon, Egg, and Cheese
The recipe below yields one scrumptious sandwich. Simply double, triple, or quadruple as needed to feed the fam!
make-ahead breakfast sandwiches + freezer prep instructions
Make sandwiches via the recipe card below. After allowing to cool to room temperature (you can pop them in the fridge to cool down if needed) wrap individually in parchment paper and place in a freezer-safe baggie. Freeze for up to one month.
Reheat by removing parchment and wrapping in a paper towel. Microwave for 60 seconds or until heated through.
If storing in the fridge, reheat by baking in the oven or toaster oven. Line a baking sheet with your parchment paper from the sandwich and bake at 350 degrees F until cooked through.
Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 large bakery croissant
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 slice cheese (pepperjack, american, cheddar, or swiss)
- 1-2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 leaves fresh spinach (optional but delicious!)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven (my fav!) to 350°F. If you prefer to not toast your croisant, feel free to skip this step.
- Slice croissant in half and set aside.
- Next cook bacon via your favorite method until crispy. Microwave, stovetop, and oven methods all work great.
- While the bacon cooks, pan fry your egg(s) or scramble until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For cirspy fried eggs, heat a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat with a little oil or butter. Crack your eggs into a small bowl, then pour into the pan, separate from one another. Cook for a few minutes until your idea of drippy egg perfection is reached. Covering the pan halfway through cooking (after about a minute or two) helps cook the top of the egg and is my go-to technique for a perfect fried egg.
- Place bottom slice of croissant down on a small baking sheet (or a large one if you're making a bunch of breakfast sandwiches) and top with your egg(s). Add bacon, cheese, optional spinach, and top slice of croissant.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the croissant is toasty and the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this brunch-worthy croissant breakfast sandwich, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!