This healthy hummus is spiked with smoky chipotle pepper and just the right amount of lemon and garlic to make this addictive dip your new favorite snack!
Not to toot my own horn, but… I’m totally going to toot my horn. This is hands-down the best hummus I’ve ever had.
Roasted red pepper hummus has always been my go-to but this? This zesty chipotle hummus is a total game changer! I’m glad my recent chipotle obsession migrated from my bean dip makeover into a big bowl of chickpeas because this is a new staple around here. It makes a fantastically flavorful sandwich spread and is great on veggies and pita chips galore!
Grab a jar or your favorite canned chipotle peppers and join me! You know you want to!
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 2 TBSP quality olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper [packed in adobo]
- 1 and 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
- top it with:
- 1/2 chipotle pepper, minced
- a hearty drizzle of olive oil [I used harissa EVOO - so good!]
- a sprinkle of paprika
- serve it with:
- pita chips
- fresh pita wedges
- tortilla chips
- fresh veggies
- In a food processor or blender, combine chickpeas, chipotle pepper, tahini, adobo sauce.
- Blend to incorporate.
- Scrape down the sides and add your garlic, salt, and lemon juice.
- Blend until deliciously creamy.
- Dive in with a pita chip for a taste-test and add more of your favorite ingredients if desired [more oil or tahini will thin out the hummus, more chipotle pepper will add heat and smoky flavor and more lemon juice will add some zest to the dip] - the above measurements were my idea of hummus perfection! Love it so!
- To fancily, top with half of a chopped chipotle pepper, a hearty drizzle of your favorite olive oil [I broke out the harissa-infused evoo for mine! Yum!] and a sprinkling of paprika.
The hummus (or yummus as we call it here!) will keep for a few days in your fridge, but you’ll be too busy licking the bowl clean to worry about leftovers!
Next time I’m doubling the batch! Or maybe I should triple it?
All hummus; all. the. time.