Greek Orzo Salad for a crowd; aka the most party-perfect orzo pasta salad evahhhh! We’re totally crazy in love with this colorful side dish!
I’m kind of freaking out over this crazy colorful greek orzo salad.
I thought I was in love with cheesy hot orzo dishes, and then this bad boy had to make its way into my kitchen and win my heart all over again. Now I don’t know which one I love more!
Y’all are going to have to help me break the tie or I may wind up in a permanent pasta love triangle over here.
Seriously though, can you blame me? It’s as tasty as it is pretty!
Greek Orzo Salad
This healthy Greek orzo salad is a total party on a plate! Tender orzo pasta is tossed with peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta, and dressed with the easiest homemade Greek dressing ever!
It’s marvelously Mediterranean and ready to rock your veggies!
This sassy side dish is sized for a crowd so feel free to bring it to your next party, potluck, picnic, or cookout. It’s basically a guaranteed hit at the gathering of your choice and can be tossed together in advance to make life oh so easy. Simply make a little extra dressing to toss the salad in before serving, as it soaks much of the deliciousness up in the fridge overnight. YUM!
Greek Orzo Salad
Yield 8-10 servings
Greek Orzo Salad for a crowd; aka the most party-perfect orzo pasta salad evahhhh! We're totally crazy in love with this colorful side dish!
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 2-3 cups chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1 heaping cup of grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped banana peppers
- optional fresh parsley to garnish
EASY HOMEMADE GREEK DRESSING
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley (or 1 tsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 cups dry orzo pasta and a pinch of salt and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water (I do this using a fine mesh sieve, easy peasy!) to halt the cooking process. Add pasta to a large bowl and set aside.
- While your noodles cook, chop your veggies and make the dressing.
- For the dressing, combine ingredients in a lidded jar and shake vigorously to emulsify. Allow to sit while you toss together your salad, then shake again before serving.
- Add all your veggies to the orzo with the dressing and mix well. Top with feta and optional fresh parsley. Salad may be enjoyed right away (room temperature) or chilled briefly before serving. Both options are delicious!
Making this salad ahead of time? It's great the next day and fabulous in packed lunches for work, school, or picnics. Simply make a little extra dressing to drizzle over the salad the next day, as the pasta will soak up a some of the dressing while it chills. SO GOOD!
Courses Side Dish, Salad
Feeling a little EXTRA? Jarred olives or artichokes make a great addition to this tasty pasta salad! I used a trio of colorful bell peppers here, but you could also use any combination of bell peppers you have on hand or even sweet mini peppers too. I think I may even try it with a little chopped spinach or kale as well – it’s so crazy versatile!
need a small batch serving?
No worries! You can easily halve this recipe to yield less pasta salad goodness. Because the veggies don’t really need to be measured, you can basically make as few servings as you need and be good to go!
This can easily be made into a speedy side dish for 2-4 as needed and pairs great with lunch or dinner. If you do wind up making a larger batch, the leftovers are great packed in lunches for work or school!
looking for more dishes to share at party or potluck?
If you get a chance to try this Greek Orzo Salad, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!