This easy cheesy Four Cheese Baked Artichoke Dip is gloriously gluten-free and perfect for holiday entertaining.
With holiday season in full swing, we’re always in need of a few quick and easy appetizer recipes to take to parties and potlucks. Creamy baked artichoke dip is always a crowd pleaser and is ridiculously easy to make! I’ll even include a few tips and tricks for making this tasty dip in advance to make your party prep a total breeze.
Since we’ll need some tasty dippers for our sassy baked artichoke dip, I’ve teamed up with the folks at Crunchmaster® crackers who make the most AMAZING gluten-free crackers! Their whole grain multi-seed crackers have been a staple in our pantry for years as a guilt-free snacking option my entire family adores. Read up on their rock star nutrition stats here.
With key ingredients like flax seeds, sesame seeds, and quinoa, we’re totally crazy for these whole-grain crackers! They pair great with classic holiday dips like this baked artichoke dip and are equally amazing paired with healthy hummus, avocado dip, and white bean dip. With so many tasty cracker varieties to choose from, you’ll never have to nosh on the same snack twice. Mix it up and snack happy!
Of course this easy cheesy four cheese baked artichoke dip is so good I could pretty much eat it a million times and be perfectly okay with it! So. Flipping. Good.
This quick and easy recipe can be made ahead and is sure to vanish fast!
Four Cheese Baked Artichoke Dip
There’s a reason artichokes have made themselves a name in dipping history, they’re positively scrumptious paired with a medley of hot cheeses! This dip features a combination of parmesan, gruyere, and cream cheese flecked with tender artichokes and a sprinkling of green onion.
When it comes to this easy peasy artichoke dip, you can easily customize the flavor profile by choosing regular jarred artichoke hearts or marinated.
The marinated veggies are extra flavorful (I opted to use them for my dip – SO GOOD!) while plain will yield a more classic artichoke dip, similar to what you’d find in a restaurant. Both are delicious options so totally let your taste buds be your guide here!
Snag a bag of Crunchmaster Original or Roasted Garlic crackers and get ready to dive on in!
Four Cheese Baked Artichoke Dip
This bubbly hot artichoke dip yields 4 cups of party-ready deliciousness!
- 1 12-14 oz. can/jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or quality mayo (see notes)
- 1/2 or 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- celery sticks for dipping
- 2-3 TBSP homemade or store-bought gluten-free Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs toasted
- extra green onion or parsley to garnish
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Drain and chop artichokes.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric hand mixer or simply employ some serious elbow grease to mix well until smooth.
Stir in yogurt or mayo, then add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Transfer dip to a shallow baking dish or small casserole pan and bake on center rack for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
If adding optional GF Italian breadcrumbs, toast them on a skillet while your dip bakes. Once golden, set aside for sprinkling on the piping hot dip. Green onion or parsley may be added as a colorful garnish if desired.
Dive in with a pile of your favorite GF Crunchmaster crackers!
Hot artichoke dip is typically made with mayonnaise. You can use half mayo + half yogurt or opt for all yogurt in place of the traditional mayo. Half sour cream + half mayo or half sour cream + half yogurt also works great here and we’ve had it every which way. Skip reduced fat or fat-free dairy here keep the dip creamy and luscious since it melts evenly and stays together like a dream.
I used marinated artichoke hearts but regular shall work too!
See post below for more cheese options for this dip. 1 cup Gruyere or 1 cup Fontina may be used in place of half of each if desired for a 3 cheese artichoke dip.
MAKE AHEAD TIP
Follow steps 1-4, then cover bowl and place in fridge until ready to bake/serve. Bring to room temperature (will take longer if baked straight from fridge) and bake for 25 minutes at 350 F or until hot and bubbly. Extra cheese may be sprinkled on top before baking if desired. Dip is best served freshly baked.
Nutrition Facts below are estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed with choice of dippers and enjoy!
tips, swaps, and extras
- Both marinated and classic jarred artichokes will work great in this recipe.
- The parmesan and cream cheese are a total must here (I couldn’t imagine this dip without them!) but feel free to swap around with the Gruyere and Fontina. Mozzarella, Havarti, and Gouda cheese are all are fabulous options and melt like a dream! You can simplify your cheese game by opting for parmesan plus only Gruyere or only Fontina, or even all mozzarella.
- or this particular recipe, I’d steer clear of using fat-free or even reduced fat dairy options. The skimming and additives involved may very well cause the dip to separate. For the shredded cheese, freshly grated yields best results and even melting goodness.
- Ga-Ga for garlic? Try adding buttery roasted garlic to the mix! Shallots are scrumptious and caramelized onion would also be super tasty swirled in to this dip as a twist on the classic.
- For an extra-golden topping, pop dip on the top rack under and set to BROIL on HIGH for 1-2 minutes until browned and bubbly.
So… what are you waiting for?!
Grab some whole grain Crunchmaster crackers and dive into this delish dip!
dip it good!
This post is sponsored by Crunchmaster® crackers on behalf of TH Foods. The opinions and text are my own.