Buffalo Shrimp Salad is a home-run salad that doubles as a meal! Fresh leafy greens are topped with crisp veggies, saucy Buffalo shrimp, creamy Ranch dressing, and blue cheese crumbles.
It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of Buffalo sauced shrimp.
This dream combo even works in appetizer form. I could probably eat this Buffalo Shrimp Dip at every single game night and never tire of it. SO GOOD!
Next up on the Buffalo shrimp bandwagon is this feisty and fiery Buffalo Shrimp Salad!
special diets and salad swaps
Need to make a few changes to fit your lifestyle? I can help! As written this recipe is pescatarian, low-carb, and keto friendly.
Vegan + Vegetarian
For my friends that can’t have seafood or dairy, I have the most amazing Buffalo Chickpea Salad on my blog!
I also have it on pretty good authority that they’re amazing in tacos too!
Paleo + Whole30
Use your favorite homemade or store-bought paleo buffalo sauce and ranch dressing and skip the optional blue cheese crumbles.
To make a Whole30 compliant buffalo sauce, simply mix 3 TBSP of Frank’s Red Hot sauce with 1 TBSP melted clarified butter (or ghee) and whisk well.
Need a paleo ranch? Check out my dairy-free Paleo Ranch Dressing recipe.
Buffalo Shrimp Salad Recipe
Helloooooo delicious! This meal-worthy salad features a bed of fresh leafy greens topped with crisp veggies, saucy Buffalo shrimp, and blue cheese crumbles.
Top it all off with a drizzle of cool ranch dressing and get ready to faceplant!
Buffalo Shrimp Salad
- 6-8 oz raw peeled + cleaned shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 4 cups leafy salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 TBSP chopped celery
- 2-3 TBSP chopped red onion
- 1/2 TBSP butter for sautéing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 TBSP Buffalo sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 2-4 TBSP ranch dressing
- 2 TBSP chopped green onion (totally optional)
- 2 TBSP crumbled blue cheese
- Set prepped shrimp in the fridge, covered, while you chop your veggies and salad greens.
- Wash lettuce and chop veggies. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan or skillet to medium-high heat with 1/2 of butter or oil sauté your shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes until shrimp curl and become opaque. The cook time will depend on the heat setting you choose and the size of your shrimp, but regardless they’ll be perfectly cooked in a matter of minutes.
- Add Buffalo sauce while the pan is still hot and mix to coat. To thicken sauce, allow shrimp to simmer in sauce for approx 1-2 minutes.
- Divide salad greens and veggies between two bowls and top with saucy shrimp. Drizzle with ranch dressing and top with chopped green onion and blue cheese crumbles. Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this buffalo shrimp salad, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
hungry for more recipes?
Keep the Buffalo sauciness going with a tasty Buffalo Chicken Taco Salad.
Need a few new salad dressing recipes to try? Check out out these 14 Homemade Dressing Recipes to Shake Up Your Salad Game featuring homemade Caesar dressing, Greek dressing, Italian Dressing, and the most amasaaaazing Sriracha lime dressing!