Healthy Greek Kale Salad with a tasty homemade Greek dressing you’ll want to put on everything! KALE YEAH!
As I’m sure you know by now, I am hopelessly kale-obsessed. Since hopping back on the bandwagon this year, I’ve been keeping a freshly chopped bag of massaged kale in my crisper at all times.
I’ve also been riding a serious cucumber kick as I’m sure most of you have noticed from my past few posts! They’re essentially a love letter to cukes. Can you blame me though? They’re delicious!
Much like my beloved kale, I’ve been eating them non-stop!
Naturally cuke-ifying my kale was the next step. I let some fresh tomatoes, avocado, and feta in on the fun too and went for touchdown status with the most delicious homemade greek dressing to top it off with! You could even add extras like olives, banana peppers, and red onion if you’d like.
Just whatever you do, veg it up!
easy prep-ahead massaged kale
- After washing and drying your kale, remove the ribs/stem from each kale leaf.
- Tear or chop the kale into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour a little olive oil in your hands and work your way through the kale, massaging the leaves until they darken in color and tenderize.
- Pop in a sealed bag alongside a dry paper towel and store in your crisper.
Greek Kale Salad
Need this rockin’ greek kale salad in your life? It’s delicious and crazy easy to make. If you’re on the fence about kale, now is the time to give it a try. This salad is fresh, tasty, and so so healthy too!
Let’s do this!
Greek Kale Salad
Healthy Greek Kale Salad with a tasty homemade Greek dressing you'll want to put on everything! KALE YEAH!
- 2 cups chopped curly kale
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2-1 cup diced avocado
- 2-3 TBSP crumbled feta
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Wash and chop your veggies.
- Pour a little olive oil in your hands and work your way through the kale, massaging the leaves until they darken in color and tenderize. This process takes only a few moments and results in the most silky and delicious kale.
- Finish it off with a pinch of salt and add cucumber, tomato, and avocado.
- Whisk together dressing and pour desired amount on salad, toss to coat.
- Add feta and a pinch of optional parsley and dive on in!
- Since kale is super hearty, you can even let the salad sit a little with the dressing to soak up flavors. It's delicious!
Nutrition facts below are an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed.
Of course no Greek Kale Salad is complete without an easy peasy Greek dressing to toss your veggies in! I have a few varieties of Greek dressing depending on the site depending what you’re in the mood for.
First up is a Creamy Greek Yogurt Feta Dressing that will have Ranch and Bleu Cheese lovers jumping for joy. The combination of yogurt and feta makes it thick, creamy, and totally delicious.
Next I have my Classic Greek Dressing which is what I used for this salad today! It combines oil, vinegar, dried herbs, dijon mustard, and a little salt and pepper for good measure. Have fresh herbs handy? You can use those too!
crazy for kale?
If you get a chance to try this Greek Kale Salad, let me know! Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation!