KALE YEAH! This Greek Kale Salad has a healthy homemade Greek dressing you’ll want to put on everything!
As I’m sure you know by now, I am hopelessly kale-obsessed. Since hopping back on the bandwagon this year, I’ve been keeping a freshly chopped and massaged bag of kale in my crisper at all times.
It comes in handy when I want a snack (kale chips!!!) or breakfast (quiche!!!) and, of course, whenever a craving for a mondo salad strikes!
I’ve also been riding a serious cucumber kick as I’m sure most of you have noticed from my past few posts! They’re essentially a love letter to cukes. Can you blame me though? They’re delicious!
Much like my beloved kale, I’ve been eating them non-stop!
Naturally cuke-ifying my kale was the next step. I let some fresh tomatoes, avocado, and feta in on the fun too and went for touchdown status with the most delicious homemade greek dressing to top it off with! You could even add extras like olives, banana peppers, and red onion if you’d like.
Just whatever you do, veg it up!
Chopped Greek Kale Salad
Need this salad in your life? It’s delicious and SO SO easy! If you’re on the fence about kale, now is the time to give it a try! This salad is fresh, delicious, and so so healthy too!
Let’s do this!
Chopped Greek Kale Salad
Yield 2 servings
KALE YEAH! This Greek Kale Salad has a healthy homemade Greek dressing you'll want to put on everything!
- 2 cups chopped curly kale
- 1 heaping cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 heaping cup chopped mini cucumbers
- 1/2-1 cup diced avocado
- 2-3 TBSP crumbled feta
- fresh parsley to garnish
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 TBSP quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, smashed + minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash and chop your veggies.
- Pour a little olive oil in your hands and work your way through the kale, massaging the leaves until they darken in color and tenderize. This process takes only a few moments and results in the most silky and delicious kale.
- Finish it off with a pinch of salt and add cucumber, tomato, and avocado.
- Whisk together dressing and pour desired amount on salad, toss to coat.
- Add feta and a pinch of optional parsley and dive on in!
- Since kale is super hearty, you can even let the salad sit a little with the dressing to soak up flavors. It's delicious!
Recipe yields 1 large salad or 2 side salads.
prep-ahead massaged kale
- After washing and drying your kale, remove the ribs/stem from each kale leaf.
- Tear or chop the kale into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour a little olive oil in your hands and work your way through the kale, massaging the leaves until they darken in color and tenderize.
- Pop in a sealed bag alongside a dry paper towel and store in your crisper.