Homemade Balsamic Dressing is quick and easy to make with a few tasty pantry staples! It’s healthy, dairy-free, and tastier than store bought salad dressing!
Making your own balsamic dressing couldn’t be easier!
All you’ll need are a few pantry staples and you’ll be ready to make this delicious dressing at home!
I start with good quality oil (either olive oil or avocado oil work amazing here) and add a flavorful blend of balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper.
Shallots are another popular ingredient you can add if you’d like! I rarely have them handy these days so I make mine without.
I like mine with a kick of tartness from the vinegar (to make my salad pop!) but if you’d like it to taste a bit more like restaurant dressing, you can adjust the honey to reach your sweet spot.
What Salads Pair Well with Balsamic Dressing?
Balsamic dressing is fantastic on SO MANY different types of salads.
Our go-to is a classic garden salad with chopped romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, carrots and croutons. You can also add pepperoncini peppers, cucumber, olives, and any other extras your heart desires.
It’s also fantastic over specialty salads and fantastic over salads featuring fresh fruit such as berries or orange segments. Here are a few to try:
- Strawberry Streak Salad with Balsamic
- Tomato Panzanella Salad
- Cranberry Blueberry Salad
- Almond Crusted Goat Cheese Salad
- Strawberry Kale Salad
I also have it on good authority that it’s amazing on a plain leafy green salad topped with marinated tomatoes. DELICIOUS!
Easy Homemade Balsamic Dressing Recipe
Want more of this tasty dressing? Double, triple, or quadruple the dressing measurements as needed – it’ll keep several days in the fridge and tastes great with any salad you can dream up.
Store bought salad dressing just can’t compare!
Easy Homemade Balsamic Dressing
- For an emulsified dresing. Add ingredients to a small food processor or blendera and blend until smooth.
- Taste and feel free to adjust levels of balsamic and honey/sweetner to taste. I like mine with a kick of tartness from the vinegar (to make my salad pop!) but if you'd like it to taste a bit more like restaurant dressing, you can add a littlte extra oil and adjust the honey/sweetener to reach your sweet spot. The above measurements are my dream combo!
- Transfer to a lidded mason jar and pour over all your tasty salad creations!
- 1/4 cup quality extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2-3 TBSP balsamic vinegar plus extra to taste
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey (or sweetener or choice if vegan)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, smashed, and minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
If you get a chance to try this homemade balsamic dressing recipe, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!