Bruschetta Phyllo Cups are a quick and easy appetizer recipe that’s sure to rock your next party or potluck! These bite-sized bruschetta cups are full of flavor!
I love a good no-bake, easy prep appetizer and these bite-sized bruschetta cups fit the bill!
Crispy baked phyllo cups are filled with a tasty whipped feta spread kissed with lemon and topped with a bruschetta-style sprinkle of fresh tomatoes and basil.
Top them off with a drizzle of sweet balsamic glaze and get ready to faceplant!
The pre-made phyllo cups can be found in your grocery’s store freezer section near the phyllo sheets, puff pastry, and pie crust.These savory cups are light, flaky, and make the perfect base for appetizers and snacks.
Want to make this easy peasy appetizer in advance for parties or potlucks? It’s oh so easy!
make ahead tips
Both the whipped feta filling and the basil-tomato mixture can be made the day before. I like to fill my piping bag with the whipped feta and store it in the fridge until I need it.
Once I’m ready, I’ll allow it to come to room temperature (to soften it up) and then pipe out the phyllo cups. I’ll do this a few hours in advance and the keep them assembled on a sheet pan until they’re needed.
They can be chilled fully assembled for a few hours, but I always worry anything much longer than that (aka the night before) may yield slightly soggy results. Having separate containers for the whipped feta and tomatoes prepped the night before and then just assembling a few hours prior is my ideal meal prep for these babies!
Add a quick drizzle of balsamic glaze just before serving and you’re good to go! YUM!
Bruschetta Phyllo Cups with Whipped Feta and Basil
Feel free to make as little or as many as you’d like! The recipe is easily halved or doubled to serve any size party.
How cute would these be for a bridal/baby shower or a backyard Summer barbecue?!
No cherry tomatoes? No problem! You can use chopped up grape tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, campari tomatoes Roma tomatoes, or any variety you have on hand. As long as they’re juicy and ripe any variety will do!
Bruschetta Phyllo Cups Recipe
- 25 phyllo cups
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 TBSP balsamic glaze
- fresh basil for topping
- 4 oz feta cheese (plus extra to garnish if desired)
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup quality mayonnaise
- ½ tsp fresh lemon zest
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning blend plus extra to taste
- ⅛ tsp salt and pepper or to taste
- For best results, allow feta and cream cheese to reach room temperature before you begin.
- To make the whipped feta, crumble feta into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until only itty bitty crumbs remain.
- Add remaining whipped feta ingredients and blend, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Place filling in a small plastic bag (or piping bag) and use a baking spatula to press the mixture into one of the corners. Cut the corner of the bag and pipe filling into phyllo shells, filling each about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- For the bruschetta topping, chop cherry tomatoes into quarters (or simply dice larger tomatoes) and add as much fresh chopped basil as you'd like.
- Add tomato-basil mixture to each whipped feta filled cup and garnish with extra basil and/or crumbled feta cheese. (I love the look and taste of both!) Before serving, drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Feel free to pick up some balsamic glaze at the grocery store (you can find it near the balsamic vinegar and oils) or make your own at home!
homemade balsamic glaze recipe
For homemade balsamic glaze, mix 1 cup of your favorite balsamic vinegar with 1/4 cup brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer until reduced by half, approx. 20 minutes. Sauce will thicken a bit more as it cools. Cool and store in the fridge for all your drizzling needs!
If you get a chance to try these this bruschetta phyllo cup recipe, let me know! Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
looking for more phyllo cup recipes?
My baked Jalapeño Popper Phyllo Cups are a cause for celebration! Hot melty cheese and zesty jalapeños are a match made in heaven, especially in a crispy baked phyllo shell!