Just when you thought your go-to Greek salad couldn’t get any better, this Greek Tortellini Salad comes along to rock your socks!
I made a similar tortellini topped salad a few weeks ago and it was such a hit that we were destined for a remix.
This time around we’re going Greek with a boatload of fresh veggies tossed in my go-to homemade Greek dressing and sprinkled with crumbled feta cheese.
SO. MUCH. YES.
This scrumptious salad is great all on it’s own, but can also be paired with your favorite soup or sandwich for a legendary lunch or dinner.
Greek Tortellini Salad with Tomatoes and Feta
Feel free to halve the recipe if simply serving two or double it to serve a crowd! It’s crazy versatile.
You can also add sliced or chopped cucumbers to this Mediterranean style salad. I do whenever I have them on hand!
We love ours with a hearty dusting of creamy feta cheese. It’s the perfect compliment to the zesty Greek vinaigrette and totally makes the salad!
Greek Tortellini Salad
- 9 oz fresh cheese tortellini
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper , diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced banana peppers or olives (totally optional)
- 1/2-3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small mason jar and tightly secure the lid. Shake vigorously to emulsify. Dip a piece of lettuce to tase and adjust salt and pepepr, to taste. I like my dressing a bit tart and zippy (it brighens up the pasta and pairs so well with the creamy feta) but you can also sweeten it a tad if desired.
- Bring a small/medium pot of water to a boil and cook tortellini via package instructions. (Usually approx. 3 minutes for fresh and 4-5 min for frozen tortellini) Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tortellini, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, optional banana pepepr or olives, and feta cheese. Love cucumber? It makes a fantastic addition to this salad!
- Just before serving, shake up mason jar of dressing and pour over salad. Mix well to coat and enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this Greek Tortellini Salad recipe, let me know. I hope you love it as much as we do! (It’s already on repeat rotation around here – SO GOOD!)
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!