This greek green bean salad is fresh, crisp, and bursting with flavor! As a tasty bonus, these gorgeous green beans are ready in just 15 minutes!
They’re not just for Thanksgiving, yo!
Green beans are available nearly year-round, and are at their absolute best in the Spring and Summer Months. Peaking around May-September, you’re going to want to have this recipe on hand when the price drops and the farmers markets and produce aisles are busting with beans.
This gorgeous greek green bean salad is quick, easy, and plate-licking-ly delicious! (pretend that’s a word)
It’s great with everything! Pizza Friday? Greek Green Beans! Meatless Monday? Greek Green Beans! Partying it up at a picnic or potluck? Greek Green Beans, mofo! Do it!
tips for perfectly tender green beans
For the fantastic green bean texture of softened and tender with a crisp snap, I started by blanching my green beans in boiling hot water, followed by an ice bath.
This blanching technique gives you beans that are their absolute brightest, without the slightest bit of wrinkling or mushiness. The hot water brings out the vibrant green hue while the icy cold water shocks the beans and halts their cooking process.
This method is quick, easy, and delivers delicious results. If you haven’t blanched veggies before, you’ve got to try it!
No more mushy veggies evahhhh!
I could ramble on forever but I’m really itching to insist that you make this green bean salad ASAP!
Your taste buds will thank me. I suppose they’ll thank you as well because you made the dish for them but really, this is one of the easiest recipes in the history of ever so… let’s just thank green beans for being so awesome.
Thank you green beans!
Greek Green Bean Salad
Perfectly tender green beans sprinkled with fresh tomato, bell pepper, and feta and tossed in a super-easy finger-licking Greek dressing. YES PLEASE!
And the dressing — Ohmygooooooosh the dressing! I had to run upstairs for a bit and when I finally got to finish the other half of my salad (like an hour later) it was even better than I remembered! The veggies soaking in the sauce amplified the flavors even more and I all but attacked Paul when he got home to tell him the news.
Translation: it’s on the menu again this weekend. Love it so!
Greek Green Bean Salad
This gorgeous greek green bean salad is fresh, crisp, and bursting with flavor and ready in just 15 minutes!
Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe as needed; it’s sure to be a hit!
- 6 oz fresh green beans (trimmed + halved)
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato (optional)
- 3-4 TBSP crumbled feta
- fresh chopped parsley (optional garnish)
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper and set aside to allow the flavors to meld.
- Trim ends off green beans and cut in half, if desired.
- Fill a medium pot with water and set to boil on high.
- Set aside a medium bowl of ice water.
- Once water is at a rolling boil, add green beans and cook for 3-5 minutes or until they reach your ideal tenderness. I like mine al dente; softened but still crisp!
- Drain and immediately submerge beans in ice bath to halt the cooking process.
- Combine green beans with red pepper and tomatoes and toss with dressing to coat.
- Top with crumbled feta and fresh parsley to garnish.
- Dive in now or set aside for later! This salad can be made in advance and left out at room temperature for several hours without the feta and up to 4 hours with the feta. For saucier green beans, allow salad to sit and soak up the delicious dressing, marinade-style! Or you can do what I did and scarf some right away while leaving the rest to marinate a bit. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts below are an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed.
If you get a chance to try this easy peasy greek green bean salad, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation.
special diets and swaps
- t-rex chefs: If you add meat to this greek green bean salad I’m gonna smack you. You can, however, add this sassy side dish to your favorite chicken or steak dish, or even serve it up with a tasty burger.
- vegansaurus chefs: Simply skip the feta; easy peasy greek green beansy!
- gluten free? this one’s for you!
more tasty green bean recipes:
First off, I’m 100% head over heels in love with my Spicy Sriracha Green Beans. They almost taste like those spicy + saucy beans from PF Changs but for a fraction of the cost and the ease of making it at home!
Lastly, in the Spring and Summer months you have GOT to try my Farmer’s Market Chopped Salad featuring tender chickpeas, green beans, zucchini, bell pepper and the most amazing Avocado Dill Dressing. HOLY COW it’s good!