These black bean tacos are quick, easy, and totally delicious! A healthy take on taco night, they can be made vegan or vegetarian and are gloriously gluten-free!
Along with the rest of the world, we’re still over here playing the ultimate game of chopped with the dwindiling contents of our fridge and pantry.
If anything, this situation has Paul and I thinking outside the recipe box and putting some creative spins on the dishes we whip up on a weekly basis.
Thanks to a surplus of corn and flour tortillas, taco morning/afternoon/night has been a go-to of mine and I’m not even remotely mad about it!
Tacos for president!
These black bean tacos are quick, easy, and totally delicious!
I like mine spicy so I used a little extra cayenne pepper and the spiciest salsa I had in my pantry. For more mild or medium tacos, simply use a mild salsa and skip the cayenne pepper or simply use less, to taste.
Choose your favorite vegan or vegetarian options and taco it up! Here are a few delicious options to get you started:
tasty black bean taco toppings
- pico de gallo
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded lettuce or cabbage slaw
- fresh sliced jalapeños or pickled jalapeños
- minced red onion or pickled red onion
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- sliced avocado or guacamole
- grated cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- fresh cilantro
- restaurant style salsa
- salsa verde or avocado salsa
Easy Vegetarian Black Bean Tacos
Feel free to double, or triple the recipe to serve a crowd! The leftover black bean taco filling is delicious and can be saved for later to use in tacos, burritos, nachos, and more!
Black Bean Tacos
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to a small saucepan set to medium-low heat. Add a few tablespoons of your favorite salsa and season beans with chili powder, cumin, cayenne or paprika, and salt. Heat until beans are warmed through and add any addiitonal spices to taste. Leave on low/warm setting until ready to serve.
- While your black beans cook, chop and prep your toppings.
- Warm tortillas on a lightly oiled or nonstick skillet.
If you get a chance to try these easy vegetarian black bean tacos, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
more tasty taco recipes
- Spicy Sriracha Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Vegetarian Instant Pot Lentil Tacos
- NEW! Buffalo Chickpea Tacos
- Blackened Tilapia Tacos via Sarcastic Cooking
- Roasted Portobello Mushroom Tacos with Creamy Carrot Slaw
What are you waiting for? It’s always time for tacos! xoxo