Tuna Salad Cucumber Cups are fun and delicious way to eat tuna salad! Serve these cool cucumber cups as an appetizer/snack or enjoy them as a light lunch! They’re easy to make and easier to customize with your favorite mix-ins and toppings!
While I love a good tuna salad sandwich, these tuna cucumber cups are a fun and healthy twist on the classic!
They’re super popular for showers and parties, but we honestly eat them most frequently as an afternoon snack or light lunch.
I love that I can make a big tray and they’re basically vanish in a matter of minutes.
Stick to the measurements below for a snack-sized spread or you can double, triple, or quadruple the recipe for these tuna salad cucumber cups to feed a crowd!
how do you make cucumber cups?
It’s easy! Slice cucumbers into discs and scoop out a bit of the center with a melon baller, spoon, or pairing knife. Pile on some tuna salad and dig in! To make a fun pattern in the cucumber discs, grab a cheese slicer or a vegetable peeler and peel a few gorgeous green ribbons off the cucumber before slicing.
These tuna salad cucumber cups are super versatile! You an even choose different fillings for your cuke cups. I’m a big fan of making Cucumber Bruschetta Cups and turning my sushi Cucumber Rolls into bite-sized cups is oh so fun!
Tuna Salad Cucumber Cups
NOTE: Totally needed to add a side note to this post after devouring a second batch today — I licked the bowl… the plate… and the cutting board clean. Just not the knife. We know how clumsy I can be. I also now have it on good authority that these work amazing with canned salmon too! Whether you make tuna salad cups or salmon cucumber cups, they’re sure to rock your face!
Tuna Salad Cucumber Cups
Tuna Salad Cucumber Cups are fun and delicious way to eat tuna salad! Serve these cool cucumber cups as an appetizer or enjoy them as a light lunch! They're easy to make and easier to customize with your favorite mix-ins and toppings!
- 1 English cucumber (look for a hothouse -- they are a little sweeter!)
- 4-5 oz canned tuna (drained)
- 2 TBSP homemade or store-bought mayo*
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Plus add #ALLTHEVEGGIES (see notes)
TASTY GARNISH IDEAS
- chopped chives or scallions
- baby arugula
- sliced cherry tomato
- A mellon baller totally comes in handy here so, if you haven't invested in one yet, totally pick one up!
- Combine tuna with your choice of mayo, yellow mustard, greek yogurt, or mashed avocado (or a combination of your favorites!), along with veggies, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. If you have a go-to tuna salad recipe as well, feel free to use it here!
- Slice cucumbers into discs, scoop out a bit of the center, and arrange on a plate.
- Pile on some tuna salad and dig in! Easiest recipe ever!
- To make a fun pattern in the cucumber discs, grab a cheese slicer or a vegetable peeler and peel a few gorgeous green ribbons off the cucumber before slicing.
You can use chunk light or albacore tuna for these tasty cucumber cups! I typically look for sustainable, wild-caught tuna when I'm picking out a can. Fresh cooked tuna works as well as does salmon!
Tasty veggies to add to your tuna salad: carrot, pickles, avocado, peppers, green onion, radish, etc... Choose your favorites and have fun with it!
* In place of mayo you can use Greek yogurt, hummus, or mashed avocado! Sometimes I'll even add a little yellow mustard or dijon mustard to the mix. Have fun with it!
Nutrition facts below are an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. If adding extras/toppings to the tuna salad, values will change accordingly.
bring on the veggies!
Here are some tasty vegetables to add to your tuna salad. Choose your favorites!
- bell peppers
- banana pepper
- yellow onion
- green onion
Why did I just now think of these by the way!? I feel cheated!
Like the last 28 years of my life could have been spent enjoying this all spring and summer long and I’m just NOW making it? Ridiculous.
I’ve been scarfing tuna salad on sandwiches and tortilla chips my entire life… which is fantastic — but this is better. MUCH better! The refreshing cucumber is the perfect pairing for this fun, flavorful, and veggie-riffic tuna salad. The crunch of the veggies and the tender, refreshing cucumber cups are so money.
I shall never again be without these tasty tuna salad cucumber cups in regular rotation.
You know the drill — make these right meow!
hungry for more?
- Sesame Seared Tuna and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- Garden Veggie Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Spicy Sriracha Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
If you get a chance to try these Tuna Salad Cucumber Cups, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!