These deliciously simple cucumber bruschetta cups is a healthy, gluten-free alternative to traditional bruschetta and positively tasty too! We love this easy peasy appetizer for parties and after school snacking!
Some blogs are all about the crazy over-the-top ingredient ensembles.
Saffron-infused quinoa pilaf drizzled with pureed mango chutney sprinkled with finely shaved truffles mixed with…. what the what!?
Show me a person who actually has the time for all that and I’ll hand them my baby.
Sometimes good old simplicity is where it’s at.
And with that, I give you cucumber cups:
Cucumber Bruschetta Cups
These tasty bite-sized bruschetta cups are so easy to make! Feel free to double or even triple the recipe to feed a crowd! Even better? You can make them in advance for all your shindig and snacking needs!
Cucumber Bruschetta Cups
- 2 cups diced roma tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of finely diced white onion
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP white balsamic vinegar
- 5 large basil leaves, shredded plus extra for topping
- 1-2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp dried dill
- 1-2 english cucumbers
- 2-4 TBSP crumbled feta (optional)
- 2 TBSP sweet balsamic glaze plus extra to taste
- Combine all the above ingredients [minus the feta, balsamic, and cucumber] in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve up right away or allow the mixture a little bit of time to marinate before serving.
- The leftovers are not only delicious, but will keep for up to four days in your fridge, assuming they last that long!
- To maximize the bruschetta potential of each cuke, slice them a bit on the thick side and scoop out the middles with a grapefruit spoon or melon baller if you have one! If not, a little handy work with paring knife will help you nix the seeds and make room for more yummy bruschetta topping.
- Pile each cucumber cup high with your filling and top with a hearty drizzle of balsamic glaze, crumbled feta, and a sprinkle of fresh basil chiffonade.
If you get a chance to try these Cucumber Bruschetta Cups, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (I absolutely LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS #PEASANDCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what deliciousness you whip up!
I seriously cannot wait for you to get your hands on these cucumber cups! I’ve even employed this easy peasy technique and made Tuna Salad Cucumber Cups and Baked Bruschetta Zucchini Cups – totally try them next!