[Thirsty Thursday] Skinny Strawberry Lime Spritzer

Thanks to grocery stores that sell local produce instead of imported, I was able to score a carton of the best strawberries of my life.  Ripe strawberries taste like candy and could stop even the most stubborn sweet tooth dead in its tracks.  Man these were good!

Skinny Strawberry Lime Spritzer

Naturally I had to corrupt them with vodka.  I mean, I did go to FSU after all.

Skinny Strawberry Lime Spritzer

one can of sparkling lime La Croix water

1-2 shots of strawberry vodka, chilled

as many slices of fresh strawberry and lime as you can fit in the glass!

slosh. stir. and serve over ice.

Skinny Strawberry Lime Spritzer

Though maybe the sloshing comes last ;)

Happy almost-friday!

Still thirsty?

Pink Panty Dropper Cocktail with vodka, corona, and frozen pink lemonade

Whip up a Pink Panty Dropper

or a healthy

Apple Cider Vinegar + Kombucha Mocktail

Apple Cider Vinegar Kombucha Mocktail Recipe
Skinny Strawberry Lime Spritzer

Comments

1. Kim Grotz says

Yay, I can comment!

I love strawberries and lime. There’s a pick your own strawberry farm here in town. A friend and I found it when we were lost, we rolled down the window to ask for directions, and the most yummlicious smell hit us like a happy, happy brick wall.

2. Moo Eleven says

Mine is definitely a spiked drink….!!  This looks gorgeous – I wonder if you can make strawberry vodka?!  Moo x

Delicious idea! I just bought some lemon-lime soda sweetened with stevia that I have been wanting to try out! I bought it with wine spritzers in mind but I love the strawberry vodka with strawberries idea. Thanks Jenn!

4. Helennaturally says

I can’t really say that I have a favorite spring beverage…..I usually stick with wine or beer.  I do love  a good peach bellini every so often :)  I am not a real “sweet drink” type of person, I think this one would be perfect!!

Oh and virgin only if I have to, like when I was pregnant :)

I’m the same way! Though sub a screwdriver for the peach bellini and we’re good to go =) This drink is more tart and fizzy with the only sweetness coming from the berries you toss in the glass so hopefully you’d love it too! xoxo Happy Friday Helen!

6. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. says

LOL  @  the FSU comment. So true. Totally how we roll.

This looks sooo yummy and refreshing! I’m loving all the strawberries right now.