Ready in just 15 minutes, these Spicy Sesame Ramen Noodles are speedy and delicious! This jazzed up ramen is made with ramen-style soba noodles for a healthier twist on packaged ramen.
I have a belly full of ramen noodles right now and all is right in the world.
Though I’m supposed to be editing photos for the week, I had to hop on here and type up this tasty recipe for y’all!
It’s the most amazing little bowl of sesame noodles inspired by Jessica at How Sweet Eats and her cookbook The Pretty Dish. These noodles are super speedy and a total breeze to toss together.
lunch prep + leftovers
The leftovers of this spicy sesame ramen taste fantastic the next day, so feel free to go ahead and factor this bad boy into your meal prep shenanigans for the week.
You could even make a double-batch and portion it out for heat-and-eat lunches. It’s perfect for a take along lunch for work or even just a no fuss dinner that you can warm up and faceplant into.
Spicy Sesame Ramen Noodles
This recipe yields two servings, but I’ve been known to treat it as a “ramen for one” sort of deal.
I’m also a huge fan of roasting up a tray of broccoli to serve with it and saving the second serving for the next day – the leftover noodles reheat marvelously!
For the chili sauce below, feel free to use garlic chili sauce, sambal oelek, or Sriracha. Start with a little, then keep adding until your ideal spiciness is reached. I went with 3-4 teaspoons before I was happily fanning my face.
Spicy Sesame Ramen Noodles
- 3-4 oz ramen noodles
- 1 TBSP sesame oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger or 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2-3 tsp chili garlic sauce (Sriracha works as well!)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds
- optional crushed red pepper flakes to taste (spicy)
- Cook ramen noodles according to package directions. (approx. 2-3 minutes)
- While you wait for the water to boil, measure out all your ingredients. This recipe comes together fast!
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 TBSP of sesame oil and, once hot, add garlic and ginger. Sauté for about a minute, until tender and fragrant.
- Next stir in brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chili garlic sauce (start with 1 tsp and add extra to taste) and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Drain noodles and add to the skillet. Mix well with a fork or tongs and add an extra drizzle of sesame oil and/or chili garlic sauce to taste. I added 3-4 tsp of chili sauce total since I like it spiiiicy!
- Top with green onion and sesame seeds. For even more heat, add some optional crushed red pepper flakes. Enjoy hot.
If you get a chance to try these spicy sesame ramen noodles, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
hungry for more?
Looking for another rockin’ vegan noodle bowl? Whip up a batch of Vegan Noodle Bowls swirled with spinach, leeks, and mushrooms. SO GOOD!