This Easy Bruschetta Board is perfect for snacking and entertaining with some serious foodie flair!
If you’ve poked around this little blog of mine for a while, you know I am 110% team GIVEMEALLTHEBRUSCHETTA at any given moment.
It’s one of my all-time favorite appetizers and I pretty much grow buckets of tomatoes in our backyard with it in mind.
When tomato season is upon us it’s pretty much all bruschetta all the time. I can’t stop making it!
So why serve bruschetta board style? It’s simply really….
NO SOGGY BRUSCHETTA EVER!
I like to use a combination of soft fluffy fresh bread and toasted crostini for bruschetta, but the longer the tomato topping sits on the bread, the soggier the center gets.
Serving it up cheese board style means everyone gets a freshly topped slice of bruschetta goodness with zero soggy bread AND each person can customize their own! YES!
I love mine piled obscenely high with marinated tomatoes, sprinkled with fresh basil, and finished off with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze.
Easy Bruschetta Board for Snacking and Entertaining Galore!
The below recipe contains my go-to recipe for marinated cherry tomatoes (aka my dream bruschetta topping) along with some tasty suggestions for what else you can add to this gorgeous bruschetta board.
You can toast your bread crostini style before serving or simply warm up a fresh baguette, slice, and serve it up hot and fluffy – or try both!
Extra Toppings + Dips to Add to Your Bruschetta Board
Tasty extras like assorted cheeses and crackers, fresh basil for sprinkling, balsamic glaze for drizzling, and other extras are all welcome here!
I didn’t have any handy, but some creamy sliced mozzarella or burrata cheese would be totally divine.
Easy Bruschetta Board
MARINATED CHERRY TOMATOES
- 1/2 pound ripe cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 1/4 white onion , sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, smashed, + minced)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt , season to taste
- 1/4 cup quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh sliced basil for topping
EXTRA BRUSCHETTA TOPPING OPTIONS (click for recipe)
BRUSCHETTA BOARD COMPONENTS (choose your favorites)
- fresh sliced baguette
- assorted cheese and crackers
- mozzarella or burrata cheese
- balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze for drizzling on bruschetta
- lemon slices or wedges to garnish
- fresh rosemary and/or basil springs to garnish
- cherry tomatoes to garnish
FIRST MARINATE THE TOMATOES
- While you assemble the bruschetta board it'll have time to marinate. For even more flavor, tomatoes may be marined an hour in advance (time permitting). I used cherry tomatoes but grape tomatoes, campari tomatoes, and roma tomatoes work great too!
- Quarter cherry tomatoes and slice onion into thin strips. Using the flat side of your knife, smash peeled garlic and finely mince. Season with a pinch of salt and add to a bowl with your veggies.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper, Italian seasoning (I love Mrs. Dash) and fresh basil. Mix to coat the tomatoes and allow to sit while you prep your board.
THEN ASSEMBLE THE SNACK BOARD
- Prepare any extra dips or bruschetta toppings you'd like from the list above (the links all lead to the recieps).
- Warm baguette if desired (wrap in foil and slightly warm in oven) then cut into slices. Baguette slices may be drizzled with olive oil and toasted crostini style or served fresh and fluffy.
- Add assorted cheeses and crackers, tasty edible garnishes, and anything your heart desires! Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this easy peasy bruschetta-style snack board, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up and what tasty extras you add to your bruschetta board!