This homemade Caesar dressing is hands-down our favorite! It’s thick, creamy, and full of flavor, perfect for a rockin’ Caesar salad.
So my 4 year old is officially obsessed with ghost stories.
I, on the other hand, am terrified of clowns, scary movies, and anything that goes bump in the night so her creepy new hobby kiiiiiiind of freaks me out…
“Once upon a time we went to a haunted house. There was a spooky ghost and we were so exhausted so we went home to snuggle up and go to sleep. While we were sleeping the ghost followed us home and WATCHED US SLEEP. The End.”
What the fork!?
Equally creepy is the ingredient list on some store-bought dressings: hydrogenated oils, thickening agents, preservatives, and fillers galore. #hardpass
I don’t want ghosts watching me sleep and I certainly don’t want MSG in my dang salad dressing.
This totally goes without saying, but homemade salad dressing is where it’s at!
Not only will you know each and every ingredient in your jar-o-dressing but you’ll also have a custom flavor that you totally adore. Gone are the days of buying 4 different brands of salad dressings only to realize that none of them taste even half as good as you had hoped they would. Love your dressing crazy thick, thin + pourable, extra creamy or with an added burst of citrus + acidity? Whisking together your own delish dressing will guarantee you get the texture and flavor your craving!
Homemade Caesar Dressing
For this creamy Caesar dressing, anchovies are a must! If you pick up an itty bitty tin, you’ll have enough to make 2-3 jars of dressing. Make a jar now, then store the rest in your fridge for the next time you make the dressing! Discard the tin and store in a clean container along with the oil it’s packed in to keep it fresh. According to BBC good food, you can also freeze anchovies by laying them out individually on a parchment paper lined tray and open freeze them. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag and return to the freezer until needed. Easy peasy!
While many traditional Caesar dressings rely on a raw, pasteurized egg for a little extra oomph, I’m not one to go out and buy an entire carton of pasteurized eggs just to make a dang dressing. As written, the dressing is my idea of flavorful, delicious, and totally-craveworthy!
Homemade Caesar Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 anchovies*
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice (approx. 1 + 1/2 large lemons)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup quality mayonnaise (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese**
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- You can also make the dressing with simply a bowl and a whisk by mashing then mincing your garlic and using anchovy paste in place of whole tinned anchovies. Easy peasy!
- You are totally welcome to add extra of your favorite ingredients. I suggest starting with the above recipe and tasting it with a few lettuce leaves, then adding a little of any particular ingredient you choose. Some opt for extra garlic, some prefer more anchovies or Worcestershire sauce, and some people (like myself) love extra lemon juice.
More Scrumptious Salad Dressing Recipes:
- Paleo Ranch Dressing (Dairy-Free + Whole30)
- Blueberry Balsamic Dressing
- Easy Homemade Greek Dressing
- Easy Homemade Italian Dressing