We’re totally swooning over this scrumptious Caprese style Strawberry Pasta Salad featuring fresh basil, spinach, mozzarella, and strawberries.
If you happened to see my last post, you know I’ve been on a serious strawberry kick!
Wearing my trusty strawberry goggles, I whipped up this fun twist on a Caprese salad with tender pasta and juicy ripe strawberries.
It was so good, I basically licked my plate clean!
The combo may seem a little bit kooky but it’s super delicious and easily became a new favorite of mine. Since it’s a chilled pasta salad, it’s also wonderfully portable and makes a great portable lunch for work or school.
There’s this delightful kiss of sweetness from the strawberries that perfectly compliments the fresh basil, spinach, mozzarella, and pasta.
When these ingredients get all up close and personal with each other texture is pretty gosh darn phenomenal and the dressing?
DELISH! I’m totally loving this combo!
Caprese Strawberry Pasta Salad
Caprese Strawberry Pasta Salad
We’re totally swooning over this scrumptious Strawberry Pasta Salad!
- 8 oz pasta shells or spirals
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (balls or cubed)
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- fresh chopped basil, to taste
Boil pasta per package instructions, strain, then rinse with cold water.
- While the pasta cooks, combine salad dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Secure the lid and shake well.
- Chop anywhere from 1-3 cups of baby spinach (add a little… or a lot!) and drizzle a little bit of the dressing over the leaves. Toss to lightly coat. I often like to take a few seconds to toss my hands in and gently massage the dressing into the spinach leaves. It helps remove some of the “squeakiness” of the veggie and makes it turn this luscious glossy green – love it so!
- Add pasta, strawberries, mozzarella pearls, and basil and add remaining dressing and mix well.
- Dive in and enjoy!
Recipe yields hearty portions or 4 small sides.
If your go-to Italian blend has salt in it already (mine doesn’t) then season to taste instead of defaulting to the 1/4 tsp sea salt the recipe calls for. You may want a pinch more or might like it without any extra. Let your tastebuds be your guide!
Crazy for balsamic? A drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze, or reduction would be AMAZING atop this sassy strawberry flecked salad!
Nutrition Facts below are estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad, let me know!
You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS #PEASANDCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations! I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
It’s strawberry season!
Let’s celebrate by putting this ripe and delicious berries on everything in sight!
Whipped Feta Strawberry Phyllo Cups make a fantastic party appetizer to share with friends.
Looking for something sweet? Try this Tropical Pineapple Strawberry Swirl Smoothie — it’s super delicious!