Ready in just 15 minutes, these no-bake whipped feta strawberry phyllo cups are a perfect dessert for parties, showers, and gatherings galore!
Phyllo cup desserts are basically my favorite little bite-sized sweets for parties and holidays. They’re quick, easy, and crazy tasty… plus the fact that they’re oh-so-tiny means
- there’s always room for dessert
- dessert won’t derail your healthy eating goals and
- you can totally have more than one!
At least that’s totally how it works in my book! I usually go the chocolate route, whipping up Chocolate Coconut No-Bake Baklava Bites or Cranberry Bliss Appetizer Cups for friends and family, but this time around I decided to get my sweet and savory on with some whipped feta strawberry phyllo cups.
Whipped Feta Strawberry Phyllo Cups
Light and flaky phyllo cup shells are filled with creamy, tangy whipped feta and topped with sweet strawberries, honey, and balsamic glaze. They totally remind me of one of my favorite sweet and savory breakfast toasts in dessert form.
Even better? These bite-sized beauties could totally double as an appetizer too!
No phyllo cups? No problem! You could totally serve this tasty combo on crostini or fresh baguette slices. I have it on good authority that whipped feta is also amazing on fluffy pita bread.
Serving a crowd? The recipe is crazy easy to double and you can even blend the whipped feta the day prior, then simply allow it to come to room temperature before piping into the phyllo cups.
Prepping your eats earlier that morning/afternoon? You can totally make them and pop a tray of these strawberry bites in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Simply save the balsamic/honey drizzle for the very end before dolling them out to your guests and you’re good to go!
Whipped Feta Strawberry Phyllo Cups
Ready in just 15 minutes, these no bake whipped feta strawberry phyllo cups are a perfect dessert for parties, showers, and gatherings galore!
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest
- 3-4 large strawberries (hulled + chopped)
- 15 phyllo shells
- fresh mint or basil to garnish
- 2-3 TBSP honey for drizzling
- 2 -3 TBSP balsamic glaze for drizzling
- For best results, allow feta and cream cheese to reach room temperature before you begin.
- Crumble feta into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until only itty bitty crumbs remain.
- Add cream cheese and honey and blend until creamy, scraping down the sides if needed. If you'd like a bit of citrusy punch to your whipped feta, add 1/8 tsp lemon zest when you add your honey. It does add a bit of tartness but I love the punch of lemon! If needed give it a taste and add additional lemon/honey to taste.
- Place filling in a small plastic bag (or piping bag) and use a baking spatula to press the mixture into one of the corners. cut the corner of the bag and pipe filling into your phyllo shells. Top with chopped strawberries and garnish with a sprig of mint or some fresh chopped basil.
- I like to drizzle both honey and balsamic glaze on mine - so good!
Feel free to pick up some balsamic glaze at the grocery store (you can find it near the balsamic vinegar and comes in a few tasty varieties) or make your own.
For homemade balsamic glaze, mix 1 cup of your favorite balsamic vinegar with 1/4 cup brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer until reduced by half, approx. 20 minutes. Sauce will thicken a bit more as it cools. Cool and store in the fridge for all your drizzling needs!
Nutrition Facts below are estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and enjoy!
If you get a chance to try these easy no-bake Strawberry Phyllo Cups, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
more bite-sized favorites: