Sweet mini peppers and pimento cheese are a match made in snacking heaven! Serve these Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers at your next party or picnic and watch them disappear!
I’ve been holding out on you guys.
This flavor-packed, faceplant-worthy pimento cheese recipe has been a snack staple in my home for years. YEARS.
And I haven’t blogged it.
I know, I know! I’m the worst! I just couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to photograph pimento cheese. It’s a hot mess on a plate but MAN is it good! After making it for the millionth time last week I realized I couldn’t call myself a blogger unless I shared this deliciousness with y’all.
So here I am, waving the white flag. Sharing this technicolor recipe and hoping the photos don’t blind you in the process. The recipe is good. Really, really ridiculously good. My friends go bonkers over these and I can’t wait for you to too!
Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers
Speed is of the essence when you’re planning a party, picnic, or plain ole snack-a-thon so this recipe is lighting fast to prepare!
You can even prep them a day in advance: Make the pimento cheese + refrigerate in an airtight container. This keeps up to 4 days for all your snacking needs. Prep the peppers by slicing in half, hollowing them out, and storing in a baggie in the fridge. You can stuff them a few hours before you need them and pop them back in the fridge or serve them in a circle around the spread and let your guests dip or stuff ’em themselves!
:: pin it for later ::
Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers
Yield 30 stuffed peppers
- 1 (8 oz) pkg coarsely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3-1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper, pimento peppers, or mini peppers
- 1 large or two small jalapeño peppers (1/3-1/2 cup minced)
- 3 tsp diced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 tsp vinegar from the pickled jalapeños jar
- 1/4 cup quality mayo, extra if desired
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika (regular, not smoked)
- pinch of salt
- 15+ sweet mini peppers, extra as needed
Extra to taste of any of the above! Have fun with it!
This is a copycat of a zesty deli pimento cheese that stole my heart years ago. They used freshly chopped sweet red pepper in place of the pimentos with both fresh and pickled jalapeños to put a tasty spin on the classic. I fell in love and have been making it this way ever since! Feel free to use pimentos if preferred - anything goes!
- Prep your veggies by removing the stem, veins, and seeds from your jalapeño pepper(s) and mincing. Finely dice red bell pepper or sweet mini pepper.
- In a medium-large bowl, combine cheddar cheese, diced peppers, pickled peppers, vinegar, mayo, garlic powder, paprika, and a pinch of salt.
- Pimento cheese mixture can be prepped in advance and refrigerated for 2-4 days. The flavors amplify the next day - YUM! If serving right away, allow mixture to sit in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until chilled.
- Slice the top off of each pepper and discard, or leave the top on for a handy dandy pepper handle.
- Slice each pepper lengthwise and stuff with pimento cheese
- Commence faceplant!
Recipe makes 25-30 mini pepper halves... though less if you keep eating them while you're making them. Uhhhh. not that I did that. Right. Let's just assume I didn't eat half before plating them.
Feel free to lighten things up by using half mayo - half plain greek yogurt! (2 TBSP of each)
I love these oh-so much! The pimento-pepper combo is legen —wait for it— dary! There’s a kiss of heat from the jalapeños too but not in a fire-in-your-face kind of way. Unless you want to be assaulted by heat, in which case you can sneak the jalapeño seeds in as well as some cayenne pepper for a kick! Yowza!
Barney Stinson quotes aside, they really are phenomenal. I basically can’t believe I used to eat my pimento cheese on crackers. The sweet mini peppers are healthier and tastier too! Hallelujah!
As a bonus, this spread makes an AWESOME Pimento Cheese BLT!
more awesome appetizers:
- Healthy Hummus Stuffed Peppers – perfect for a jumbo bag of sweet mini peppers!
- Ultimate Spinach Dip
- Spicy Southern Hot Corn – READER FAVORITE!
- Skillet Black Bean Queso
- Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
If you get a chance to try these pimento cheese stuffed peppers, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!