This tasty Instant Pot Strawberry Trail Mix Oatmeal is swirled with dried fruit and nuts for a super speedy breakfast that’s a breeze to make!
It’s no secret that I’m head-over-heels for my Instant Pot pressure cooker, though it was probably the most awkward birthday present my husband has ever gifted me. Really!
I had little to no no clue what it was or what it did, let alone how to even use the thing! Thankfully it’s been a breeze to use (can I confess I’ve still never read the manual?) and super intuitive with all its handy dandy shortcut buttons.
A few of my favorite instant-creations so far have been my Vegetarian Tortilla Soup, Lentil Veggie Chili, and Butternut Cauliflower Soup — all three pop up on the menu crazy often because of how easy they are to set, forget, and faceplant.
While I do make a mean pot of salsa or buffalo chicken in my IP and have totally mastered rice, I tend to stick to meals in the soup/stew/chili category for my IP. It’s my favorite form of comfort food!
It’s totally time to branch out, amirite?
I was recently sent a copy of Michelle Fagone’s snazzy new “I Love My Instant Pot” Recipe Book and about lost my mind thumbing through it.
I had *no idea* you could make so much in the IP! I bookmarked nearly every other page; there are just so many things I want to try! Right away I made her
Coconut Curry Chicken from page 132 (delicious!) and Trail Mix Oatmeal, which I’m so super excited to share with y’all today!
Instant Pot Strawberry Trail Mix Oatmeal
This is a total game changer for my morning breakfast routine.
With under 5 minutes of effort, I can toss everything in my IP, set it, and LEAVE THE KITCHEN! No babysitting a pot on the stove and no need to resort to powdery instant oats. I can set it and forget it and then finish getting myself and my 3 year old ready for work/school while my breakfast basically cooks itself.
Love it so!
Instant Pot Strawberry Trail Mix Oatmeal
Yield 2 servings
This tasty trail mix oatmeal is swirled with snack mix staples like dried fruit and nuts for a super speedy breakfast that's a breeze to make!
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice*
- 1 TBSP dried cranberries
- 1 TBSP raisins
- 1 TBSP chopped dried apricots
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBSP chopped pecans
- 1/8 tsp salt
TASTY TOPPINGS: Choose your favorites!
- 1/2-1 cup chopped strawberries (DO IT!)
- extra cinnamon (I love adding extra to my oatmeal!)
- extra pecans (heck yes!)
- any additional fruit or sweetener if desired
- milk or almond milk
* You'll end up juicing one extra large or 2 medium sized oranges. I used two cara cara oranges - delicious!
- To help prevent sticking spritz the IP's stainless steel liner with spray oil (we love coconut or avocado oil) - you could also melt your butter first and add that to the bottom of the pot if you'd prefer!
- Add all ingredients (except for toppings) to the Instant Pot bowl and stir to combine. Lock lid.
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 10 minutes. When timer beeps, quick-release the pressure (using the release valve) until float valve drops.
- Unlock lid and stir oatmeal. Spoon the cooked oats into two bowls and pile on the toppings! I like to swirl in some extra cinnamon and pecans, a drizzle of almond milk, and a boatload of strawberries. I've recently been topping my oatmeal with homemade granola too and LOOOVE it!
Saving a bowl for tomorrow's breakfast? Perfecto! This oatmeal reheats like a champ. Drizzle a little milk or almond milk into the oatmeal then pop it in the microwave or reheat in a pot on the stove for until piping hot. Top with strawberries and all your favorite mix-ins and dig in!
Plan on saving some for later? Make clean-up and storage a breeze by making them pot in pot!
This tasty recipe is courtesy of The “I Love My Instant Pot” Recipe Book by the talented Michelle Fagone of Cavegirl Cuisine. I’m SO happy to have this book in my arsenal!
It’s loaded with 175 healthy IP recipes, featuring a variety of cuisines with a little bit of everything from vegetarian to paleo to gluten-free eats.
I hope y’all love this Instant Pot strawberry trail mix oatmeal as much as we do!
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and adore.