I absolutely adore these Fresh Mex Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Tacos! With loads of tasty toppings and tender seasoned cauliflower with crispy roasted edges, you’ll never miss the meat!
Guys, we need to talk.
Are you nervous? You’re totally nervous! Don’t be. Before you preemptively run from the room screaming, no I haven’t given up cheese. I think I’d be more likely to give up chocolate long before I could ever part ways with my beloved queso, and we all know that’s not happening anytime soon. I’m an addict through and through, which is why I totally need to assert my ability to quit by flaunting some vegtastic dairy-free goodness on the blog every now and again.
I’m totally not addicted bro, I can quit anytime.
I’m a terrible liar eh? Good thing I’m a fantastic dancer!
Ok so I’m a bad liar, AND a terrible dancer. Now that we’ve got that out of the way with, let’s talk about dem tacos!
These bad boys are deeeeelicious! Im constantly trying to sneak more cruciferous veggies into my diet, for all the amazing health benefits, plus overall tastiness factor doesn’t hurt either! Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, bok choy, and brussels sprouts are loaded with vitamins, fiber, and even contain cancer-fighting properties so…. if there’s ever a reason to get excited for colder months it’s because these powerhouse veggies are in season!
Yes I’m totally insinuating that you should be more excited for cauliflower than pumpkin spice lattes. Priorities people! The more veggies you eat the more coffee you’ll be around to drink. Or something like that.
Whatever. Eat your veggies!
Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Now that I’ve gotten both a confession and some good old fashioned bossiness out of the way with, let’s move on to the recipe, before I drift off topic again. These tacos are AMAZING! I could go on in detail or I could shut up and give you the recipe. How bout we recipe it up and then I’ll gush after. Deal? Deal!
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed into florets
- 3 TBSP olive oil*
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt, to taste
- 2 carrots, grated/shredded
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 6-9 soft corn tortillas
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- fresh sliced jalapenos
- fresh corn or corn salsa
- cabbage or slaw
- SAUCE OPTIONS:
- mexican hot sauce
- salsa verde
- pico de gallo
- straight up Sriracha
- vegan sour cream mixed with Sriracha
- Sriracha mixed with ranch dressing
- avocado pureed with cilantro, lime, and Greek yogurt
- chipotle aioli
- *I've been using harrissa or chipotle infused olive oils lately and LOVE the extra punch of flavor they offer [without making things too spicy] - You can pick them up everywhere from grocery stores to farmer's markets to specialty stores. They even sell them online! If you're looking to jazz things up in the kitchen, infused olive oils are a tasty, affordable option!
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Whisk together oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt, pour over cauliflower florets and toss to coat.
- Spread out cauliflower evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes on the center rack.
- While your cauliflower roasts, chop/grate your veggies and toppings and whisk together your sauces.
- For extra crispy tacos feel free to toast your tortillas in the oven or on a skillet, or serve them up as is if you like 'em soft! Both ways are fabulous.
- Line up your tortillas, stuff them with your veggies, pile with a few of your favorite taco toppings and drizzle with sauce, and stuff. yo. face! Enjoy!
This entire meal can be made in just over 30 minutes. The cauliflower itself takes 30 minutes to roast but since you'll be able to prep the entire spread [sauces, toppings, and all!] while it roasts, you'll be ready to go the second you snag the tray from the oven. Quick, easy, healthy, AND delicious? Sign me up as a repeat customer because these tacos rock!
so . . . how were they?!
Fantastic, duh! These tasty tacos are positively amazing as is, but feel free to get a little crazy with all your favorite taco toppings! You can even let cheese in on the party if you’re so inclined, but you should totally try one vegan style as they’re sure to impress.
The flavor reminds me of a super-fresh salad wrap with a zesty Mexican twist. With loads of buttery avocado and seasoned cauliflower that’s tender inside with crisp edges, you’ll never miss the meat! The carrot, lettuce, and cilantro add a refreshing bite to the tacos and the sauces? Go nuts with your favorite from the options above! Some I topped with straight up hot sauce while others got a little sriracha ranch lovin.