When it’s time to entertain, this kid friendly cheese board (that adults will love to eat too) is the perfect easy cheesy snack spread!
This kid-friendly cheese board has been a go-to for snacking situations galore.
We love serving them up as an after-school snack for playdates or “just because” and even make them on the regular as an easy (and oh so lazy) snack board dinner to make crazy weeknights a bit more chill.
They can be thrown together with whatever you have on hand and are great for sharing with friends and family.
The best part is that it looks *oh so fancy* but is really just the easiest little snack board.
I use them as a chance to empty the fridge of little random bits of fruit and veggies leftover from the week’s cooking shenanigans and always have a pantry full of goodies to add to the mix.
C is for Cabot (and Cheese Boards!)
I couldn’t imagine making a cheese board or any type of charcuterie without Cabot. It’s a must!
Their flavorful cheeses come from farm families throughout New England and New York as part of the most delicious Co-operative. They’re a certified B corp and 100% of the profits go back to the farmers and their farms.
For cheese boards I like to use their Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Medium Yellow Cheddar Cheese. They’re always a huge hit!
The extra sharp is my *favorite* and packs the most flavor in every bite. This deli bar is aged 12 months for extra-bold flavor. Love it so!
Their Colby Jack and Seriously Sharp cheeses would be amazing here too – really you can’t go wrong with creamy Cabot cheeses!
You can add just about anything to these kid-friendly cheese boards but there are usually a few key components to choose from: something cheesy, something crunchy, something fruity, something veggie, and something salty.
You can get detailed and include dips and dippers on your cheeseboards (I’ll include some tasty options below) or go super simple and just add anything and everything snacky.
Mix and Match Ingredients for Family Friendly Cheese Boards
While there are quite possible zillions of options to mix an match, here are some of our favorite kid-friendly quick and easy options. When I’m making a cheeseboard for kiddos, simple is the name of the game!
- Apple Slices
- Dried Fruit
- Mandarin Orange Segments
- Baby Carrots
- Celery Sticks
- Bell Pepper Slices
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Broccoli +/or Cauliflower Florets
- Cheese Crackers
- Snack Mix
- Assorted Crackers
- Cabot Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cabot Medium Yellow Cheddar Cheese
- Cabot Colby Jack Cheese
You can also add your child’s favorite protein options to the board as well. My daughter likes when I add black beans (yup – in a bowl! lol) and turkey pepperoni slices. Peanut Butter crackers are also a big hit.
Kid Friendly Cheese Board
For these easy cheesy cheese boards, the size is totally up to you! They’re oh so easy to customize depending on the amount of people you’re serving. Estimate approx. 2 oz cheese per person.
I usually add a combination of slices (to top crackers) and cubes (easy snacking!) and sometimes I’ll even get fancy by cutting out fun shapes with a cookie cutter. Surround your cheese with an assortment of crackers, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, and any other extras your heart desires!
Kid Friendly Cheese Board
- 8 oz Cabot Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Cabot Medium Yellow Cheddar Cheese
- 1 green Granny Smith apple
- 1 red Honey Crisp apple
- ½ English (seedless) cucumber
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup popcorn
- assorted crackers
MORE TASTY OPTIONS TO MIX AND MATCH:
- orange slices
- dried fruit
- celery sticks
- bell pepper slices
- pretzel chips
- snack mix
- assorted dips (ranch, hummus, etc…)
- For these easy cheesy cheese boards, the size is totally up to you! They're oh so easy to customize depending on the amount of people you're serving. The measurements above save about 8, but you can easily make your cheese board smaller or larger to serve your crew. Estimate approx. 2 oz cheese per person.
- I usually add a combination of cheese slices (perfect for serving on top of crackers) and cubes (hello easy snacking!) and sometimes I'll even get fancy by cutting out fun shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Surround your cheese with an assortment of crackers, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, and any other extras your heart desires! See the list for more ideas and feel free to get creative with it! Anything goes when it comes to cheese boards!
- Making your cheese board in advance? Go for it! I like to slice then tightly wrap cheeses to keep them fresh. Keep the cheese stored in the fridge until you need it.
- The most time sensitive thing you'll add to this cheese board is the apples. They're best sliced right before setting out your cheese board. Sometimes I'll brush my apple slices with fresh lemon juice to keep them extra fresh and prevent browning.
If you get a chance to whip up your own easy cheesy kid friendly cheese board, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your cheesy creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!