Get your edamame on with this easy peasy Garlic Parmesan Edamame recipe!
I’m fairly certain I have an edamame problem.
I always seem to steam up a batch when it’s just me, myself, and I and somehow always convince myself that cooking the entire 10 oz bag by my lonesome is a great idea.
I won’t eat the whole thing and I’ll save some for later.
I’ll stop when I’m full.
No way am I going to finish this whole thing in a sitting…
Liar liar pants on FIRE.
At least they’re loaded with fiber, protein and potassium goodness. And in this case, a kiss of butter, parmesan, and garlic for good measure too!
Garlic Parmesan Edamame
Next time your curled up on the couch for movie night, skip the popcorn and get up close and personal with a big ole bowl of edamame. This gorgeous green edamame makes the ultimate snack!
It’ll also fill you up faster and keep you full longer than a typical grain-based snack, which means you’ll be satisfied and less likely to pause your Netflix binge to go search for more food. I’d call that a win!
Garlic Parmesan Edamame
- 10 oz frozen edamame
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 TBSP freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8-1/4 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- Bring a small bot with 3 or 4 cups of water to a rolling boil.
- Add edamame and cook for 4-5 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally until desired tenderness is reached. I like mine at the 5-minute mark!
- Pour into a colander to drain and set aside. Reduce heat on burner to medium and, in the same pot you used for the edamame, melt your butter.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Toss drained edamame back into the pot and toss with the garlic. Add grated parmesan cheese, to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this Garlic Parmesan Edamame, let me know! Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation.
Craving more edamame? Try these!
- Spicy Sambal Edamame – Chili paste brings the heat for a fun and fiery snack!
- Vegan Ramen Bowls with Edamame and Mushrooms – One of our favorite ramen recipes ever!
- Roasted Garlic Edamame – Probably the best thing to happen to roasted garlic since pasta.
behind the blog
- currently listening to… In the Waiting Line – Zero 7
- currently watching... Love (season 3) on Netflix
- currently reading… I keep trying to finish Girl on the Train (better late than never, right?!) and I’ve been so crazy exhausted by bedtime that my brain has legit stopped working.
I’m going to go ahead and blame the recent Spring DST time change for breaking my productivity. Is spring Hibernation a thing? IT NEEDS TO BE A THING. Pass me a pillow, yo!