A tasty spin on my beloved bell pepper pizzas, Hawaiian Bell Pepper Pizzas are fun and flavorful!
My love for pizza peppers knows no bounds, especially when it’s stuffed inside a pepper!
You’ll notice below I have a few photos of myself being oh-so-civilized and using a fork to dive in to these bell pepper pizzas.
I literally took one bite like this and then proceeded to lift the bell pepper up to my face and commence faceplantage. I can tell you with absolute certainty that it takes 101x better when eaten with your hands. Don’t dirty a fork. Do the right thing…
These make a great handheld snack/appetizer and you can easily make dozens to feed a crew! Turn it into a light lunch or balanced dinner by adding your favorite side salad to the mix. It’s as speedy as making a sandwich but way more fun.
Of course I should mention these are fantastic for kids and adults alike. Pizza knows no age, amirite?
Now grab some bell peppers and meet me in the kitchen!
Hawaiian Bell Pepper Pizzas
These hand-held bell pepper pizzas channel the deliciousness of pizza with a healthy twist, so ditch the crust and grab a bell pepper!
Hawaiian Bell Pepper Pizzas
Yield 6 stuffed peppers
- 3 large bell peppers, halved and hollowed
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce, extra to taste
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 3 slices of deli ham, chopped
- 4-5 chunks of pineapple, chopped
- 2-3 oz of your favorite cheese*
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes for topping, extra to taste
- fresh parsley or basil to garnish
- Pre-heat your oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice each bell pepper in half. Hollow out each pepper, removing stem, seeds, etc...
- Lay peppers on a baking sheet lined with foil for easy cleanup.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of sauce into each pepper and top with a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Top with cheese, ham, and pineapple, adding a little extra cheese at the end.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a tasty little kick, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-12 minutes or until peppers are tender and toppings are hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or basil if desired + dig in!
*I used a combination of Havarti and Parmesan cheeses. Mozzarella, Gouda, or a shredded Italian blend would also be awesome!
Though I included the measurements I used for 6 bell pepper pizzas, feel free to double, triple, or halve the recipe as desired. Pizza party like you mean it!
Before I went back to my omnivorous ways, I used to play around with vegetarian versions of Hawaiian Pizza, and always loved the results! Here are a few of my favorite combinations that would be great toppings for these Hawaiian Bell Pepper Pizzas:
Pineapple + Jalapeño
Pineapple + Mushroom
Pineapple + Red Onion + Spinach
You can even grab your favorite veggie “bacon” bits and add a little sprinkle on top!
so . . . how were they?!
These Hawiian Bell Pepper Pizzas are so flipping good! I think the ones stuffed into red bell peppers are my absolute favorite, as the sweet red pepper is so perfect with the sweet and savory combo of ham, pineapple, and cheese. The Italian seasoning sprinkled pizza sauce adds a nice bold flavor to the mix and practically counts as an extra veggie all on it’s own!
You can even up your veggie count with some minced red onion sprinkled on top (sautéed or not – up to you!) or add some sautéed veggies into your sauce. I’m a big fan of adding mushrooms.
The pepperbilities are endless!
Pepperbilities? Really, Jenn? Clearly I shouldn’t wine and write! Who filled my glass up so high?
Cheers friends, I hope you get a chance to try these sassy little pizza peppers!