Skip the jar and whip up these easy breezy 10 Minute Marinated Mushrooms at home! They’re great right away and even better after spending some quality time in this delicious homemade marinade!
Life as a food blogger is pretty awesome. Though it’s a lot of work (and a LOT of dishes!) the rewards make both my stomach and my heart happy.
When a recipe is well received by family and friends I beam. It doesn’t take much to launch me onto cloud 9 and a simple “Ohmygosh I need the recipe now!” easily makes my day. Week, even.
There is a slight catch to this gig, however, (…dishes) and it has turned my crew into straight up vultures. Today’s recipe, for instance, proved rather challenging to photograph once its presence was known. Hungry husbands and curious chickpeas make wonderful assistants, until their hunger gets the best of them.
“Can I try one now?” “How about now?” “Maybe just this one from the back…” “Jenny hurry up, I’m DYING over here!” “Eat? Peeeas.“
I am surrounded by vultures.
At least my husband pretends to seek permission before swiping food off the plate I’m photographing.
My toddler simply walks over, places a toy or random object on my photo board, and walks away with a handful of food.
My neighbors? They typically scout my dishes on Instagram and then swipe the leftovers. This particular dish was requested mid-shoot and, once P was done devouring over half of it, I I handed the rest off to my partner in crime next door. I got a bit pouty over sharing until she declared the dressing totally dip-worthy and suggested we get a nice crusty baguette to dredge through the leftover marinade. Brilliant!
I knew I kept them around for a reason…
Though I think I’ll keep the next batch of these stellar shrooms a secret so I can have them all to myself! You’ll keep my secret right? In exchange, I’ll give you the recipe! Deal?
10 Minute Marinated Mushrooms
:: pin it for later ::
10 Minute Marinated Mushrooms
Yield 4-6 servings
- 12 ounces small button mushrooms
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (or sugar)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley (dried works too!)
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat and add your mushrooms plus a little bit of olive oil.
- Saute for 5 minutes until tender and slightly browned.
- While the mushrooms cook, whisk together your marinade and set aside.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a medium bowl and toss with marinade to coat.
- Enjoy right away, or save them for later! They're great at room temperature and awesome chilled straight from the fridge too! I can't decide which I like more!
- Serve plated with toothpicks, because food is always more fun on a stick!
Though they're ready for snacking in just 10 minutes, the longer you let these marvelous mushrooms sit the more pronounced their flavor will be! Since they're 100% vegan, feel free to leave them out at your next picnic or party without a dash of worry - they'll be good all day!Store in the fridge for up to 4 days for easy Summer snacking!
Have a bevy of fresh herbs on hand? Replace the dried herbs with fresh! You may need a bit more of each, season to taste.
Though they’re ready for snacking in just 10 minutes, the longer you let these marvelous mushrooms sit the more pronounced their flavor will be!
Since they’re 100% vegan, feel free to leave them out at your next picnic or party without a dash of worry; they’ll be good all day!
Once the very last mushroom has been scooped from the bowl, you’ll be left with a pretty decent dose of leftover marinade. Not to worry, I have two delicious options to make the most of this dreamy dressing! Drizzle it over your favorite salad (leafy greens or chilled pasta!) or break out a crusty baguette and dunk away! It’s beyond delicious!
Long ago I dubbed this tasty marinade “Marinade No. 5” and it’s a tad legendary in this household. I hope you love it as much as we do!
hungry for more?
- Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Spinach Spaghetti Squash
- Spinach Mushroom Leek Long Life Noodles
- Classic Stuffed Mushrooms
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Creamy Mushroom Brie Soup with Garlicky Mushroom Bruschetta