Just say no to boring salads! This sweet and savory Almond Crusted Goat Cheese Salad is flecked with strawberries and kiwi and topped with a fruity balsamic dressing.
I’ve gone through a lot of phases in my life.
Some were fashion related, involving an 80’s-era obsession with oversized tees and bike shorts with looots of neon for good measure, while others involved an obsession with becoming a famous singer (I can’t sing) or the star of a school play (epic stage fright). I even went through a phase where I thought it was a great idea to cut my own bangs for a while…
Ok fine, I’m still very much going through that phase right now. Someone take these scissors away from me!
Most of my phases, however, have been of the foodie variety.
At any given moment I’ll be on a seafood kick, a pesto kick, or even a cheese kick…
Just kidding! I’m always on a cheese kick!
Lately I’ve been marching in the goat cheese and balsamic parade extra hard. The combination is just so fantastically salty/creamy/sweet and savory that I can’t help myself. I love the duo on toast, as a sandwich spread, and especially on salads!
This fruit and veggie studded salad is chock full of antioxidants and features peppery arugula, fresh kiwi and strawberries, tender asparagus, and creamy goat cheese balls rolled in crunchy Blue Diamond almonds. Top it off with your favorite balsamic vinegar and get ready for greatness with this picnic-perfect salad!
Almond Crusted Goat Cheese Salad
:: pin it for later ::
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Whole Natural Blue Diamond Almonds
- 2 TBSP roasted shelled sunflower seeds
- 10 asparagus spears, or to taste
- 3-4 cups baby arugula leaves
- 6-8 fresh ripe strawberries, chopped or sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled + sliced
- roasted lightly salted almonds for topping, sliced or whole
- strawberry balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Place sunflower seeds and almonds in a plastic bag and pulverize with a glass olive oil bottle or any such object you choose! You can also go old fashioned and chop them or utilize a food processor if you'd prefer. The goal is to have finely crushed nuts and seeds for coating your goat cheese.
- Roll your goat cheese into balls, then roll each ball in the crushed almond mixture to coat, pressing gently to help as much of the mixture stick as possible. Set aside.
- Blanch your asparagus in boiling water for approx. 2 minutes until tender yet firm, then toss in ice water to halt the cooking process.
- Chop asparagus + set aside.
- Now let's make a salad!
- Top your arugula with asparagus, strawberries, kiwi, goat cheese balls, almonds, and any other toppings that float your boat!
- Drizzle with strawberry balsamic vinegar and dig in!
Recipe yields 2 side salads or one large salad
Blueberries would also be amazing in this salad, feel free to add them if you have 'em!
I used my favorite strawberry-infused balsamic vinegar for this salad. They can be found in select grocery stores, online, and in olive oil/vinegar shops. You can absolutely use regular balsamic vinegar too, both options work great!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Blue Diamond Almonds.