When it comes to parties and game night around here, I love whipping up an easy veggie tray with dip! They’re colorful, healthy, and simple to make.
Veggie trays are hands-down my favorite party appetizer to make in advance.
Raw veggies can easily be washed, sliced, and stored in the fridge ahead of time plus cold veggie dip is so simple to make in advance and tastes even better the next day!
This post will be your guide to all things Crudité with tips on what vegetables to use, what dips to make (or buy) and how to make it look beautiful!
what veggies are good for a veggie tray?
Any veggie that tastes great eaten raw will be fantastic for your veggie platter!
Today I used carrots, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower.
You can also add slices of bell pepper, sweet mini peppers, cucumbers, radish, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, and any other veggies you love to dip!
I paired my vegetable platter with an easy 2-ingredient French Onion Dip (I’ll add it to the recipe card below) which I usually make ahead for veggie dunking and snacking all week long.
When it comes to dips for a veggie tray, the options are endless! Here are some of our favorite recipes:
Veggie Tray Dips
When I dip you dip we dip!
- READER FAVORITE: Creamy Cilantro Cucumber Dip
- Easy Cold Spinach Dip
- Healthy Garden Veggie Dip
- Chilled Veggie Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Spicy Dill Dip
- Thick and Creamy Restaurant Style Tzaziki Dip
- Harissa Yogurt Dip
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing + Dip
- Healthy Avocado Cilantro White Bean Dip
- Spicy Hummus with Jalapeño Salsa
- Easy Tomato Basil White Bean Dip
- Speedy Mediterranean Hummus
Store-bought dips work great too so feel free to buy your favorite hummus, ranch dip, or onion dip if you’d like.
Easy Veggie Tray with French Onion Dip
The recipe below is enough to make an extra-large vegetable platter, perfect for a party!
Serving a smaller crowd? You can simply halve the veggies and dip recipe or make the full amount to fill baggies filled with sliced, stackable veggies that are great for grab and go snacks and for easy to pack work and school lunches.
Easy Veggie Tray with French Onion Dip
- ½ head of broccoli
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 5 medium-large carrots (or a few handfuls of baby carrots)
- 5 ribs of celery
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup and Dip mix
- optional assorted crackers/chips/dippers/extras
- Chop broccoli and cauliflower into florets. Thinly slice carrots (peeled) and celery. Save celery tops and/or carrot tops as a pretty garnish.
- To make the dip, combine onion mix with sour cream and mix well. Chill until needed.
- Arrange veggies and dip on your favorite wooden board or tray. Surround with dippers like crackers, tortilla chips, bread, pretzels, pita, etc….
If you get a chance to make your own veggie tray, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
looking for more easy appetizers and dips?
My Spicy Southern Hot Corn makes the most amazing hot dip. Ohmygosh we make it at least twice a month around here!
Another crowd favorite at game nights and parties are my Baked Jalapeño Popper Phyllo Cups. Everyone always begs for the recipe!
Looking for something on the lighter side? Try my Mediterranean Feta Dip or Black Bean Salsa!
Yum!! The dip takes this to the next level- I know what I’ll be making for all of our spring gatherings!
This is my go-to appetizer for entertaining! So easy and lots of options for all diet types. Plus that Lipton onion soup dip is SO so delicious. Everyone always raves about it!
Try with baby/mini sweet corn – awesome as a raw dip
First off – love love love that multiple dips you can use with a veggie tray are posted here in one place.. Of course, your french onion dip is always a winner at our get togethers! I know you are an expert on which veggies pair well together too. Def. bookmarking this veggie tray post for the future
We’re def team #ALLTHEDIP
Love how easy it is to make this pretty veggie platter!
Made this for the family and it was a hit!
So happy y’all enjoyed it! Thanks Katie 🙂