Step up your side dish game with these Garlic Parmesan Roasted Mushrooms! Gluten-free and full of garlicky goodness!
It’s that glorious time of year just before the holiday season madness is upon us.
Granted, I totally welcome this madness with open arms but it’s a loooooot less chaotic if I start planning ahead way before the fact.
This easy peasy mushroom dish has been on my test run list for a while now and I’m so stoked to finally have it in my face and on the blog! It’s fast and flavorful and honestly, can totally double as an appetizer if you’re bold enough to just dive on in with a toothpick! You can even the recipe if you’re serving it as a weeknight side dish for the fam, since this super speedy recipe pairs great with your favorite protein.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Mushrooms
These mushrooms are a garlic lover’s dream! Featuring a classic combo of garlic, butter, and parmesan, this scrumptious side dish is a welcome addition to your holiday spread.
:: gluten-free :: grain-free :: vegetarian :: low-carb :: keto ::
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Mushrooms
Step up your side dish game with these Garlic Parmesan Roasted Mushrooms! Gluten-free and totally glorious.
- 32 oz mushrooms cremini or white button
- 4-6 TBSP unsalted butter
- 6 cloves fresh garlic smashed and finely minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8-1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste (see note below)
- 2-4 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- optional chopped fresh parsley and/or thyme for a burst of color
- optional crushed red pepper flakes for some fiery heat
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter and add your smashed/minced garlic. Set aside.
- Trim the stems and clean mushrooms by wiping with a slightly damp paper towel. (Washing in water can cause them to soak up water and become soggy) I kept my mushrooms whole here but *totally* feel free to halve or quarter them if you prefer! If I have a few spare seconds I’ll cut mine in half.
- Line mushrooms in even layer atop a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with garlic butter, tossing to coat.
- Season with oregano, basil, allspice, thyme, salt and pepper. Short on spices? Feel free to season with your favorite Italian seasoning blend (adjust s+p to taste based on the blend you choose)
- Roast for 20 minutes or until tender and golden. Add any additional seasoning you’d like and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Dive in while they’re hot!
Salt tends to be a very personal matter with recipes so I’m going to let you feel this one out based on preference.
I used unsalted butter and added around 1/4 tsp sea salt to my mushrooms. There’s also a saltiness to the parmesan cheese so keep that in mind while seasoning and you’re good to go!
Nutrition facts below are an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
This recipe easily serves a crowd at about 8-10 servings but I’m not going to sit here and pretend that my husband and I didn’t eat the entire 2 pounds of mushrooms in a single sitting.
I regret nothing, I tell you! Nothing!
Totally mad for mushrooms? Try my (un) Stuffed Mushroom Casserole next!
looking for a few more side dishes? we make these often!
- Spicy Southern Hot Corn – big thanks to my MIL for this AMAZING recipe
- Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Sauce – always a hit for the holidays!
- Greek Green Bean Salad – a healthy twist on green beans as a side
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms – with panko, gouda, and a sprinkle of Old Bay
- Classic Stuffed Mushrooms – my mom’s super tasty recipe!
If you get a chance to try these Garlic Parmesan Roasted Mushrooms, let me know! Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation!