We love this easy Spinach Tomato Quiche Recipe!
It features a crazy fast from-scratch quiche crust (aka savory pie crust) and a medley of fresh, delicious vegetables. Of course I added a little cheese for good measure too! So yummy and fabulously vegetarian too.
For years I’ve jumped at the chance to gobble down a slice of veggie quiche any time someone was generous enough to bring one to a gathering.
How could you go wrong with cheese, veggies, and eggs in a neat little pie slice of a package?
Well… actually, you can! A single serving of a store bought quiche can pack over 800mg of sodium and an average of 500 calories. For this reason, I would longingly gaze at the neat little frozen quiche at the grocery store but could never bring myself to buy one. Not so much for the calories alone, but all that salt! eep! Plus they never had nearly enough spinach in them and always left me wanting more.
My solution? End the separation anxiety! Make a quiche!
I finally took matters into my own hands and made my own fluffy quiche. Extra veggies, yummy feta and only a pinch of salt? Yes please!
Spinach Tomato Quiche
Spinach Tomato Quiche
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves (trimmed and washed thoroughly)
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (or milk, half and half, etc…)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
UBER EASY CRUST RECIPE:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- First, make the crust. Mix the flour and salt in a medium bow. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the oil and water with a whisk or fork to thicken. Pour into flour and mix with fork. Press dough into a 9-10 inch pie dish. Make sure you thin out the dough so you end up with a crispy, flaky crust instead of a thick doughy one!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and make the quiche filling.
- Crumble the feta cheese onto the bottom of the crust. Next, pour the olive oil into a saucepan and, when it is heated, toss in the spinach and cook until wilted. (Fight urge to hum Pop-eye theme song) Once wilted, spread the spinach over the cheese.
- Beat the eggs and garlic with your heavy cream or milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over top of the feta cheese and spinach. Top with diced tomatoes or artfully arrange slices on top of the quiche – your call! Top with another crank of freshly ground pepper if desired. You can even add a little extra feta on top if you'd like.
- Fill crust with quiche mixture and bake at 350°F for approx 35-45 minutes until fully baked and set. Enjoy! Leftover slices can be reheated and enjoyed for up to 4 days.
If you get a chance to try this easy, let me know!
You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
Having a party or simply feel like making a fancy spread for one or two
Pick up some won-ton wrappers from your local supermarket and make a batch of spinach and feta mini quiche cups.
hungry for more?
Want to quiche it up using your Instant Pot? Try my crazy popular Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole!
Brunch it up with Country Cleaver’s Honey Roasted Strawberry Bruschetta with Honeyed Goat Cheese. YUM!