These quick and easy Sriracha Glazed Seared Scallops are finished off with a spicy + super flavorful homemade Sriracha pan sauce! Delicious!
This recipe is super duper easy. So easy, in fact, that I’m not about to try and fluff it up with a big ole blog post of endless rambles and descriptions. That would be a total abomination. Let’s instead take a moment to gush…
OHMYGOSHYUMMMMM! (all 5 M’s are super necessary here)
Now that that’s out of the way with, we can get on to the recipe. No fluff, no fuss!
Hip hip hooray!
Sriracha Glazed Seared Scallops Recipe:
- 1/2 lb sea scallops, fresh or thawed if frozen
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1-2 tsp unsalted butter
- a splash of white wine or dry sherry
- Sriracha chili sauce , to taste
- parsley, to garnish
- Rinse scallops with cold water and remove any of the side muscles (the little extra flap found on the side of the scallops) that are present.
- Pat scallops dry.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or sauté pan to high heat with 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp butter.
- Once your pan is hot and ready, gently add the scallops, spaced and uncrowded.
- Sear uninterrupted for about 1.5 to 2 minutes on each side (flip gently using tongs) until a golden crust forms on each end.
- Overcooking will be your worst enemy here so keep an eye on them. Smaller scallops will cook faster while extra large scallops may need extra time on each side.
- Next deglaze the pan to make your sauce.
- Add a splash of white wine (I had a yummy chardonnay on hand) or dry sherry and a generous dollop of sriracha and whisk the orange bubbly amazingness until all the little golden bits of scallop have released from your pan. Add extra Sriracha and butter to the sauce as desired.
- Remove from heat, pour over scallops, and sprinkle with parsley for a pop of green.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serve with your favorite pasta, rice, or a big green salad!
Make ’em MILD, MEDIUM, or SUPER SPICY!!!
The glorious thing about these sriracha-spiced scallops is that you’re 100% in charge of the heat! Even better? You can always add more later, so baby step your way into it with just a dab or go nuts with a hearty helping. If you undershoot the Sriracha and want an extra kick, give the sauce a taste, add more as needed, and dig in!
so . . . how was it?!
Fantastic and FIERY! The sauce was the perfect pairing for the tenders scallops; light and buttery with a feisty kick! That’s really all I could ever ask for in a sauce: it needs to play nice with my food or get the heck off the plate.
I know scallops can get a bit pricey, but with healthy frozen options available and a perfectly timed sale on both fresh and frozen varieties, you should certainly be able to score some scallops as a treat! Skip the pricey restaurant and whip up this fancy main dish at home!
Looking for a sassy side dish?
Serve these Sriracha glazed seared scallops alongside my Sweet and Sour Cucumber Noodle Salad, Cucumber Salad with Wasabi Avocado Dressing, or Lemon Garlic Asparagus. You can also carb it up with a plate of your favorite pasta!