That title needed to be in all caps because I’m fairly certain you can’t hear me screaming right now. If you actually can hear screaming, I’m so sorry! I’ll bring over a fruit basket or something to apologize. My poor, poor neighbors. But seriously. AUGUST?! My due date is at the end of this month! Ahhh!!!
Having said that, I’ll surely have a September baby now. That’s how it works right? I think if you make them too comfortable they decide that vacating is for quitters and that they’re not leaving their shiny happy little bubble until their incubator has lost every last shred of sanity. Just thinking about it makes me crave a bagel and my blankee. Hold me!
This has, hands down, been the longest and craziest year of my life. From welcoming Paul home from a lengthy deployment in Afghanistan to travelling to NY, FL, AZ, and SC to basically turning into a full-fledged preggo zombie thanks to a super-fun medical DX and a genetic disposition to have a sucky pregnancy… it’s been quite a roller coaster these past 12 months. I can’t even imagine what the next twelve will bring but I’m ready for it! I think. I hope? I don’t really have a choice now do I? Haha let’s do this! I’m equal parts excited and terrifed =) That sounds about right for the last year of my twenties! Bah-ring it!
Speaking of the aforementioned whirlwind, I’m uber grateful your support and encouragement through the insanity. You guys are seriously the best. There have been days where I preened and pranced and jumped for joy and days that I’ve produced enough tears to fill a swimming pool, but I’ve always felt like I’ve had an outlet for both with this blog. Though I don’t often use it as a stomping ground for my tantrums and breakdowns, I know most of you would be here for me if I needed to, and that alone makes me want to hug each and every one of you. So thanks for that =)
Not to worry, this little ramble-a-thon doesn’t mean I’ve run out of recipes yet! I’ve been sitting on several weeks worth and for the next week or so I’ll be photo editing and writing my face off. In the meantime, here’s one of my favorite summer smoothie recipes. It’s healthy and refreshing. Make it.
Peachy Green Smoothie
- 1 super ripe peach [leave the skin on for extra fiber!]
- 1/2 a large frozen banana
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- approx 1/2 to 1 cup of ice, depending on desired thickness
- a splash of orange juice for sweetness
- If it's your first time making a smoothie with spinach, start small and work your way up. I typically add two handfuls to mine. Fresh banana and frozen peach will work as will using both fresh or both frozen; the great thing about smoothies is how ridiculously versatile and customizable they are. Simply adjust the ice depending on your fruit's chill factor. If you're using all frozen fruit you'll need less ice and if everyting you toss into the blender is fresh? Get your ice on! You can always add additional ingredients after your initial blend so don't fret if you're winging it =)
However you spin it, [hah! get it?] this smoothie is flipping delicious!