Mornings are WAY better with one of these Veggie Breakfast Burritos in your hand!
These veggie breakfast burritos are one of the tastiest parts of our weekly meal-prep rotation!
They’re basically all I think about when I wake up in the morning.
Well, that… and coffee!
I love mine served piping hot with a spoonful of spicy salsa and a dollop of sour cream.
SO. FLIPPING. GOOD.
My husband and I will often team up over the weekend to make a big batch of breakfast burritos so we have easy breakfasts for busy week ahead.
All we have to do is warm them up and dive in!
I’ll often skip the freezer entirely and just keep them in the fridge. They cook quicker this way. 30-60 seconds int he microwave and then a quick toasting of each side on a hot skillet and I have a restaurant worthy breakfast in just 5 minutes. SCORE!
Veggie Breakfast Burritos
This tasty veggie breakfast burrito recipe yields 4 standard-sized breakfast burritos.
Veggie Breakfast Burritos
This tasty veggie breakfast burrito recipe yields 4 standard-sized breakfast burritos. Feel free to add your favorite extras like avocado/guacamole, cilantro, sour cream, and/or salsa. Yum!
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion (any type)
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2-3 tsp oil or butter (use as needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz grated cheese (cheddar, pepepr jack, or mex blend)
- 4 large “burrito-sized” flour tortillas
First prep all your ingredients for speedier burrtio assembly. Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk, chop peppers and onion, and grate cheese if not using pre-shredded.
Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat with a drizzle or so of oil or butter. Sauté peppers and onion until tender. Season with a teeny pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from pan and transfer to a large bowl.
Return pan to heat and add a little more oil or butter to coat the pan.
Heat a pan with oil/butter to medium heat, add eggs, and scramble until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer eggs to veggie bowl and gently fold/mix together.
For easy burrito assembly warm each tortilla in the microwave for 20 seconds to steam it before filling/rolling. They're much easier to fold once warmed.
Arrange a scoop of eggs with veggies on warmed tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and fold/roll until sealed.
Place seam-side down and repeat for remaining tortillas.
Ready to eat? Bring a pan to medium heat with a little oil to prevent sticking. Once the pan is hot, add the burritos, seam side down and cook for about 3 minutes pe. side or until burritos are hot in the center and lightly crisp on the outside. Serve with sour cream and salsa (if desired) and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts below are estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and enjoy!
If you get a chance to try these tasty veggie breakfast burritos, let me know!
You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
brunch it up!
We’re in love with all things breakfast, brunch, and brinner around here! Here are a few of our favorite brunch-worthy eats:
- Healthy Homemade Granola – we can’t get enough of this stuff! It’s great on yogurt and as part of a fruity parfait bowl or smoothie bowl… or even just eaten by the handful as a snack!
- Breakfast Tostadas – These Huevos Rancheros inspired Breakfast Tostadas feature crispy tortillas, seasoned refried beans, fluffy eggs, and a mountain of tasty toppings. YESSSSS!
- Instant Pot French Toast Casserole – This easy peasy Instant Pot French toast casserole can be made with brioche, challah, or French bread and is drizzled in a delicious cinnamon-kissed custard. To makes things even more irresistible, it’s topped with a sweet praline crumble and drizzled with vanilla icing for a cinnamon roll french toast vibe we’re head over heels obsessed with!
Feeling basic? Simply whip up some avocado toast and call it a day! (a really delicious day)