Get festive with these mini pumpkin cupcakes topped with a cinnamon-kissed cream cheese frosting. These bite-sized cupcakes are perfectly spiced and ready to rock your holiday parties and gatherings!
I’m under strict instructions from my friends and family members to keep them fully stocked with fluffy pumpkin goodies at all times.
I started this Fall baking season off with the most divine Pumpkin Cupcakes, then followed up with some fluffy Pumpkin Banana Bread (recipe coming soon!) and made enough Pumpkin Cornbread to feed an army.
Needless to say, everyone’s been pretty happy and full around here!
Since things are always more fun when they’re miniature, today we’re breaking out the mini muffin pan and whipping up a pint-sized version of my favorite cupcakes.
This mini pumpkin cupcake recipe makes 24 fluffy and flavorful cupcakes.
Grab your favorite can of pumpkin puree (Publix brand is my JAM) or roast up a pumpkin (helloooo delicious smelling kitchen!) and puree the flesh for all your Fall baking shenanigans.
You can refrigerate or freeze homemade puree in 1/2 cup portions and basically swirl it into everything from muffins to quick breads to chilis and soups galore.
If you’re feeling more of a muffin-vibe or prefer to make these without the frosting, go for it!
They’re sweet and flavorful and can TOTALLY hold their own as mini muffins. I did this for one batch and slipped them into one of the little bento compartments in my daughter’s lunch box as a treat.
Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes
This easy peasy recipe makes 24 mini cupcakes. Serving a larger crowd? Feel free to double the recipe if you have two 24-cup mini muffin tins handy.
For easy-peel cupcakes, I love using all-natural parchment paper liners instead of traditional paper liners.
Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened 56.5 grams
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar 250 grams
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cinnamon or extra if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 24-cup mini muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
- Combine flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Combine pumpkin puree, sugar, egg, oil, and juice in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until just blended.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir with a fork or whisk until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups using a Tablespoon until 3/4 filled. Approx. 1 heaping TBSP per cupcake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-19 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick inserted to the center of the cupcake. Mine are usually perfect at 17-18 minutes (I'm at sea level) but oven times may vary.
- Carefully remove cupcakes from muffin tin and allow to cool completely on a wire baking rack.
- While they cool, make the frosting.
- To make the cinnamon cream cheese butterream, combine softened butter and cream cheese in a medium/large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand-mixer and beat until lusciously creamy and free of lumps.
- Beat in vanilla and salt until incorporated. Adjust mixer speed to low and, in batches, gradually add powdered sugar while mixing the frosting, followed by cinnamon. Start with 1/2 tsp and increase to taste. The taste-testing part is my favorite! After the powdered sugar and cinnamon is incorporated, beat at medium speed for a few more seconds to fluff, then add to a piping bag to frost cooled cupcakes.
- After frosting, feel free to sprinkle cupcakes with a teeny bit of extra ground cinnamon or even pumpkin pie spice or sprinkles as a tasty garnish.
If you get a chance to try these mini pumpkin cupcakes, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!