We love diving into a big bowl of this Avocado Corn Salsa with crunchy tortilla chips! Serve it up as a tasty appetizer or as a scrumptious side salad for Taco Night!
This is totally one of those recipes that we make over and over again.
As a food blogger I should totally be trying out different recipes each time, I know, but I can’t help myself around this easy peasy salsa.
Whenever it’s on the menu my husband and I are downright giddy! It’s fast, flavorful, and a total crowd-pleaser.
To make this bad boy a year-round affair, I employed a little help from frozen corn. You could also use fresh corn when it’s in season!
This delish dish is vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Get ready to toss it on everything like edible confetti – WOOT!
Avocado Corn Salsa FTW!
Avocado Corn Salsa
Serving a large crowd and need a boatload of salsa? Go for it! Simply double, triple, or quadruple the recipe as needed!
scrumptious serving suggestions
- dip + chips (the obvious choice!)
- side salad
- taco topper
- burrito filling
- won-ton taco cup topper
- burrito bowls <– always a tasty option!
- top it on tostadas
- three words: taco salad topping <– YES!
You could also serve it over your favorite protein (I’m pretty sure it would take grilled chicken to the next level) and even try it as a savory stuffed sweet potato topping… which is totally happening in my kitchen next week! Enjoy!
Avocado Corn Salsa
- 12 oz frozen corn kernels
- 2-3 TBSP olive oil or avocado oil divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion plus extra to taste
- 1/4-1/3 cup finely chopped jalapeño pepper (seeds out for mild, seeds in for spiiiicy!)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBSP chopped green onion optional
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt plus extra to taste
- 1-2 haas avocados
- Rinse frozen corn in a colander to remove the icy coating.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add 1-2 TBSP avocado oil to the pan.
- Add your corn and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat, transfer to a medium-large bowl, and pop it in the fridge to cool.
- While the corn cools, chop your onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and green onion. Combine in a serving dish with with lime juice and a tablespoon of avocado oil then season with salt. Add chilled corn.
- Just before serving, slice avocados lengthwise and remove the skin and pit. Dice the avocado and gently fold it into the salsa.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping or on top of all your favorite Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes. It's great on everything!
If you get a chance to try these tasty avocado corn salsa, let me know! Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation!
hungry for more?
- Spicy Sriracha Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Vegetarian Lentil Tortilla Soup (Instant-Pot + Stove Top + Slow Cooker)
- Avocado Salsa Verde