Replace traditional bulgar with quinoa for a refreshing vegan tabbouleh that’s naturally gluten-free and oh so healthy! We love this tasty Cucumber Quinoa Tabouli Salad!
Can I admit something super embarrassing?
Up until a few years ago, I had zero clue bulgar existed. I had eaten my weight in tabbouleh many many times, yet had no flipping clue what I was actually scarfing! I always just assumed it was quinoa or cous cous or some random unidentified balls of garlic in my parsley. I really should pay better attention to what I put in my mouth…
Alas, it led to some really great tabbouleh copycats in my kitchen featuring quinoa that I simply adore, so I guess that little faux pas of mine had a happy ending after all. A few years ago I shared my basic quinoa tabbouleh recipe, but this time around I wanted to jazz things up and serve it up green goddess style with fresh cucumber and #alltheparsley!
aka I had no tomatoes so I made an excuse and ran with it
All silliness aside, this gorgeous green Cucumber Quinoa Tabouli is goooood! Snag the recipe below along with some tasty serving suggestions!
Cucumber Quinoa Tabouli Salad
Cucumber Quinoa Tabouli Salad
- Cook up a small pot of quinoa in water per package directions or feel free to use this photo tutorial to get you started! This should take about 13 minutes.
- Once your quinoa is fluffy and ready, season with oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste and allow quinoa to cool to room temperature.
- Add parsley, green onion, cucumber.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, and lime juice, add to the mixture and toss to coat, evenly distributing the ingredients.
- Feel free to adjust seasoning and ingredients to taste, adding more of your favorites or any of the optional extras from the ingredients above.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes to let flavors mingle. May be enjoyed room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this healthy vegan Cucumber Quinoa Tabouli, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
tabouli serving suggestions:
Here’s how we love to scarf our tabouli…
GET YUMMUS WITH HUMMUS!
My all-time favorite way to deliver fresh tabbouleh into my face is piled atop a mountain of ultra-creamy plain hummus and devoured via freshly warmed pita bread from my local supermarket’s bakery. Fresh baguettes also make a fantastic delivery mechanism… can you tell I have a slight weakness for carbs? #swoon
You can also top a package of your favorite hummus with this tasty quinoa tabbouleh and surround it by any and all veggies you have on hand. Serve it up as an epic appetizer with carrots, cucumber, celery, and pita chips.
SALAD IT UP!
PACK A PITA:
Wrap it in a pita, gyro-style, with grilled chicken, veggies, and fresh romaine lettuce. Bonus points if you add Tzatziki Sauce. Gluten Free? Snag your favorite GF wrap and you’re good to go!
Ooh! And promise me you’ll whip up these Greek Quinoa Bowls too? We seriously cannot stop making them for speedy weekday lunches!