We’re in love with these easy, cheesy Irish Nachos!
Roasted russet potatoes are topped with a mountain of melted cheese and all your favorite nacho toppings for an out of this world appetizer you’ll want to make again and again!
One of the few things that can rival my love of veggies, is my love of cheese.
If it came down to choosing between 6-pack abs and a daily serving (or three) of cheese, I’d choose the cheese.
Hands-down. No question. End of story.
At this point I work out just so I can eat cheese. #noregrets
This is clearly the worst intro in the history of blogging. What else shall we talk about?
Well the recipe I’m about to share, for one, is absolutely delicious whether or not you actually top it with cheese!
It’s also something I’ve been making for years so believe me when I say that I’ve perfected these bad boys.
These sassy spuds are easy to make, easy to scarf, and oh so tasty.
Stick a fork in me, I’m done!
Better yet, stick a fork in these:
- 2 large russet potatoes
- healthy spray oil (I love my avocado oil spray)
- 1/4 tsp paprika to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 cup grated cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, or mexican blend)
TASTY TOPPINGS: CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITES!
- Wash and peel your potatoes and cut into discs. I like mine the same thickness and texture as steak fries. Crunchy, crust-like outside and a fluffy mashed potato-like center. It makes me weak in the knees.
- Spray or rub with your favorite oil (olive, avocado, coconut, etc…) and sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Set your oven to BROIL on high.
- Lay potato slices flat on a wire cooling rack or grilling rack and set atop a reflective baking sheet. This will allow both sides to cook evenly and prevent mushiness. I use this same tecnique for my mozz balls and squash fries too — it's foolproof!
- Broil on high for 10-20 minutes. They’re done once they start to bubble and turn golden brown on the surface.
- Pull from the oven, lay flat on foil or a baking sheet and pile on the cheese!
- Flip your oven to 350°F and bake until the cheese is seductively melty. Then pile on the rest of your toppings and dig in!
This recipe can easily serve one, two, or an entire herd of hungry hungry hippos! Double, triple, or quadruple as needed!
so… how was it?
Orgasmic. I mean, obviously!
How could these not be insanely delicious?!
And before you start to shriek “But Jenn! The calories!!!!!” take a deep breath and calm the eff down. Living burns calories! So keep doing that, and you’ll be a-ok. I promise.
Class dismissed. #thanksforcomingtomyTEDTALK
Craving sweet potatoes instead of plain ole russet potatoes? Get ready to Irish Nacho your face off! Sliced sweet potatoes are AMAZING here and make the most amazing Sweet Potato Irish Nachos.
Seriously. Do it!
hungry for more?
If you get a chance to try this easy cheesy Irish Nachos recipe, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!