These healthy Banana Split Parfaits are loaded with fresh fruit, naturally sweet cocoa roasted almond granola, vanilla yogurt, and a kiss of coconut whipped cream. Let’s brunch it up!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds as part of a delicious ongoing partnership to create all things nutty and delicious, including these healthy banana split parfaits!
Today we’re going to take some crunchy cocoa roasted granola and layer it with fresh fruit, vanilla yogurt, and a mountain of mix-and-match toppings.
Plus that tasty granola I’m going to have you make? You can whip it up the day/night before for breakfast toppings (and snacking by the handful) all week long. Or until you have one too many handfuls.
This tasty treat even doubles as a lightened up dessert!
I thought I was excited over the whole ordeal, but ohmygosh guys, you should have seen my toddler. I think she lost her mind.
In fact, I know she did!
There was squealing and jumping and wide eyes and dancing and “ICE CREAM, MOMMA! ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!! YES! I HAS IT!”
I didn’t correct her.
I mean, how could I? Breakfast banana splits are a super fun way to start the day and a fabulous addition to your Sunday brunch spread! Do it!
Healthy Banana Split Parfaits
5 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Roasted Salted Almonds
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 4 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 + 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup nonfat or whole milk vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cocoa roasted almond granola (see recipe above)
- 1/4 cup coconut whipped cream
- 2 tsp mini dark chocolate chips
- 2 cherries, fresh or jarred
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
- Add your oats and almonds (chopped or whole)
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the mixture together.
- Once the oats are coated with chocolatey deliciousness, use your spatula to help pour the granola onto your parchment-paper lined baking pan. If you want large chunks of granola (the best!) flatten the mixture into an even layer with your spatula, adding pressure so the granola is nice and compact.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotate the pan for even toasting, then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. If you're adding dark chocolate, do so right after removing granola from oven for a kiss of melty dark chocolate.
- Alternate layers of yogurt, granola, and fruit in two tall glass mugs, glasses, or jars.
- Top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream (if desired) and garnish with a cherry and a sprinkling of dark chocolate chips.
The parfait itself comes together in minutes. You can whip up the granola that morning or make a batch a day or so ahead of time and keep stored in an airtight container for all your breakfast and snacking needs! YUM!
Need a shortcut? If you'd like to skip the granola entirely simply combine 1/4 cup chopped almonds with some dark chocolate chips instead. It's still super tasty!
Want to get chocolate wasted? Add a handful of dark chocoalte chips onto the fresh-from-the-oven granola and turn it into a full-blown dessert granola! It kind of loses a bit of the health-factor when you do this but I have it on good authority that you need to trash up your granola at least once in your lifetime. Set a date and get. it. done. Chocolate granola is my jam.
VEGANSAURUS CHEFS: If you have a favorite vegan yogurt (I’ve heard the coconut milk ones are BOMB) then parfait away with this easy substitution.
T-REX CHEFS: Craving a little old-fashioned all-natural whipped cream in place of the coconut milk cream? Treat. Yo. Self.
Homemade granola is so easy, my days of purchasing super expensive bags-o-granola at the store are WAY over! I typically have all the ingredients to make my own just sitting in the back of my pantry at all times, so it almost feels like free granola!
This naturally sweetened cocoa almond granola is one of my favorites. Since I’m pretty much bonkers over Blue Diamond’s Cocoa Roasted Almonds, it was only natural to channel that flavor into it’s very own granola. And yes I *totally* added the optional dark chocolate chips to mine – this mama needs a little chocolate to get through the day!
It took so much willpower not to crack the oven and steal a handful while it was baking. The granola legit made the entire house smell like freshly baked brownies.
All this granola talk has me ready to whip up another batch. Join me!
Then make one of these deeeeelish banana split parfaits with it the next morning.
Actually while you’re at it, make one for me too! <3