I’m in love with this Cranberry Goat Cheese Log with Walnuts, Pecans, and Parsley! This festive holiday appetizer is sure to please a crowd; it’s quick, easy, and delicious!
Cranberry Goat Cheese Log with Walnuts, Pecans, and Parsley
Yes I’m sticking with that title. It’s a mouthful and after one bite you’ll want another. And another. And then you’ll walk away and pretend like you’re done but we KNOW you’re coming back for another bite.
At least that’s how I operate at parties.
I try to play it cool, do the whole socialization thing, hug hands, shake babies, all that jazz, but I’m as transparent as a jellyfish. It’s allllll about the food.
If I get cornered by a friend who doesn’t quite know the drill by now, Paul is usually quick to step up to the plate and grab me something to eat. I love that man. I’m also still continuing my love affair with cranberries, if you haven’t noticed by now.
This Pollack-esque interpretation of a cheese log is quick, easy, and is sure to put the “HO-ly cow this is good!” in your holiday spread.
Of course you don’t need to wait until Christmas or Thanksgiving to make this bad boy. Serve it up all season long for any and every party and potluck that comes your way.
Ready for the recipe? Great! Be sure to print out a few extra since people are bound to ask for it after they realize how ridiculously easy this impressive (and scrumptious!) party appetizer is to make. Enjoy!
- 1 large log of your favorite goat cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup cranberry sauce [recipe ]
- 1/4-1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 TBSP [or more!] dried or fresh parsley
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- a drizzle or two of honey
- crackers, crostini, and veggies, for spreading and scooping!
- Remove goat cheese from wrapper and allow to soften to room temperature.
- Warm up your favorite cranberry sauce [hello great use for leftover sauce!] and spread it on a cheese tray or serving platter.
- Next chop your nuts and cranberries and mix together along with parsley.
- Roll your goat cheese in the mixture, pressing gently to coat.
- Set the festive goat cheese log atop the cranberry sauce and surround with all your favorite crackers, crostini, and veggies!
- Feel free to get a little trashy and sprinkle any leftover nuts all over the tray. Hello edible confetti!
- Ohmygosh and please please please take this baby over the top with a nice hearty drizzle of honey. It's divine.