These crab stuffed mushrooms with garlic and gouda are the best! Betcha can’t eat just one!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms with Garlic and Gouda
After maybe the third or fourth faceplant into my cheesy skillet seafood dip. realization hit. Mushrooms: this must be stuffed into mushrooms! I simplified the recipe a bit, gleaned a little inspiration from the over-the-top seafood stuffed mushrooms from Red Lobster [holy butter bomb batman!] and promptly got to work.
The result? They are hands-down the best seafood stuffed mushrooms ever to be introduced to my face! Things got scary for a second after they hit the table… I was convinced someone was going to get forked fighting over the biggest mushrooms on the plate. When P gets back I’m clearly going to have to make him his own plate, because one of us is bound to get silverware-stabbed over these mushrooms.
Saying I’m protective over my food is a bit of an understatement.
It’s absolutely the result of growing up with three hungry siblings. Food was scarce between the four of us and if you wanted a second helping of my mom’s to die for mashed potatoes, you pretty much had to dive for it.
I always won. Always.
And that concludes today’s confession of why I’m a crazy food blogger. Let’s get back to these melt-in-your-mouth mushrooms, shall we?
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
These easy peasy mushrooms make an awesome holiday appetizer, perfect for your next party!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 25-30 button mushrooms [I used three 8 oz containers]
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper [green works too!]
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced [around 2 TBSP]
- 1/2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika, plus extra for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz lump crab meat [found in the refrigerated seafood section]
- 1/2 cup gouda cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 TBSP chopped green onion or fresh parsley, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Drizzle foil with a little olive oil or spritz with your favorite cooking spray.
- Remove the stems from your mushrooms and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Finely dice your veggies and, with a 1/2 TBSP of butter, saute the celery, onion, and red pepper.
- Towards the end, add your chopped mushrooms and garlic, continue to saute until onions and celery are translucent and tender and mushrooms are fully cooked.
- Season with old bay, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, stir, and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add your crab, panko breadcrumbs, and cheese, then mix.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps and top with a little extra gouda and paprika.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is golden.
- Garnish with green onions or parsley for a pop of color + flavor!
- Grab a fork and attack!
On second thought, maybe you shouldn’t serve these with forks at all. Fingers are far less stabby.
I hope y’all love these sassy stuffed shrooms as much as we do!
…Now what are you waiting for? Dig in!