These easy cheesy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms are stuffed to the brim with the most amazing garlic, parmesan, and spinach cream cheese filling. They’re great as a party appetizer and can even be prepped in advance the day before!
These cheesy spinach stuffed mushrooms are, according to my mushroom-enthusiast husband, the best stuffed mushrooms I’ve ever made.
I personally love all my stuffed mushroom recipes equally (I basically have one for every type of craving!) but this man plays favorites and this. is. it.
These tender baby portobello mushrooms are stuffed with a blend of spinach, mushrooms, garlic, parmesan, and cream cheese, inspired by the plate-licking Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Spinach Sauce from my favorite stuffed spaghetti squash recipe.
They’re full of flavor and downright DREAMY!
Today we’ll be making these scrumptious stuffed mushrooms small-batch style, so you’ll either have a light appetizer for 4 people (3 over-stuffed mushrooms each) or in our case, two large faceplantable servings of 6 mushrooms for 2 hungry snackers!
Want to serve a crowd for a party or holiday potluck? AWESOME! You can easily double, triple, or quadruple this recipe as needed!
can I make these in advance for a party?
YES! See the recipe card below for make-ahead instructions. These easy cheesy spinach stuffed mushrooms can be prepped in advance so you don’t have to fret. You can make them a few hours before or even the night before.
I prefer to keep them stuffed and unbaked in the fridge (sans crispy topping – save that for just before baking) and to bake them just before serving. I’ve also had success under-baking them and then baking them again just before serving to warm them up.
Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
These sassy stuffed mushrooms make a great Thanksgiving appetizer and are pretty much perfect for any occasion!
Make these marvelous mushrooms gluten-free and keto friendly by simply skipping the panko. Easy peasy!
Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 medium-large cremini mushrooms (baby portobellos) approx. 12-14 ounces total
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2.5-3 cups fresh baby spinach (packed)
- 4 oz cream cheese (cut into 6-8 cubes)
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 TBSP panko breadcrumbs (skip for gluten-free + keto)
- 2 TBSP freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Prefer not to line it? Spritz it with oil and you're good to go.
- Clean mushrooms by dusting off the caps with a paper towel and remove the stems. Place mushroom tops on your baking sheet and set aside.
- Mince the mushroom stems and garlic.
- Melt butter in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add your minced mushrooms and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes then add the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted, add cream cheese, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir it all up until the cream cheese has melted. Fold in 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
- Combine 2 TBSP panko breadcrumbs with 2 TBSP grated parm.
- Spoon spinach mixture into each mushroom cap then sprinkle each with the parm/panko mixture.
- Bake at 375 F for approx. 15 minutes or until filling is hot and melty and the mushrooms are deliciously tender. Dive in while they're hot!
If you get a chance to try these garlic and parmesan kissed cheesy spinach stuffed mushrooms, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
mad for mushrooms?
- NEW! Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Ravioli Alfredo
- One-Pot Orzo Pasta with Garlic, Parmesan, and Mushrooms – READER FAVORITE
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Mushrooms – quick + easy
- Stuffed Mushroom Casserole – perfect for the holidays!